Curried Lentil and Vegetable Pie Recipe
This is a great lentil pie. If you don’t have an electric pie maker you can cook the pies in large muffin tins. Just place the pastry in the tins, fill with the mixture, pop on the lids and bake until golden-brown. You can also make a creamy curried vegetable version by making a curry sauce with coconut milk and curry powder and an assortment of fresh vegetables like carrots, cauliflower, peas and broccoli chopped into bite-sized pieces.
- 1 onion
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 1 carrot, grated
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 3 tbsp gluten-free Worcestershire sauce (for vegetarians or vegans, ensure sauce is free from anchovies — can be purchased from major supermarkets)
- 4 tbsp wholemeal flour
- 1–2 tbsp curry powder
- 3 cups cooked lentils or 2 × 400g tins, drained
- 2 sheets vegan puff pastry (the brand Pampas is vegan)
- Preheat oven to 200ºC.
- Heat large saucepan over high heat, add onion and dry sauté until brown. Add a little stock to deglaze pan. Add all other ingredients except pastry and stir well. Bring to boil, stirring regularly. When boiling, reduce heat and simmer for a few mins, stirring regularly.
- While pie mixture is coming to the boil, cut two puff pastry sheets — one into 4 large rounds for the pie base and the other into 4 slightly smaller rounds for the pie lids.
- Place pastry base rounds in 4 whole electric pie maker. Divide filling into pie bases. Place pastry lids on top. Seal lids and cook for about 7 mins until the tops are golden-brown.
Spiced Cauliflower with Preserved Lemon
This delicious dish lives and dies by the quality of the curry powder. If you don’t have any on hand...
Quorn™ Foods shares 2 delicious, meat-free recipes
Quorn™ Foods is a global market leader in healthy, sustainable protein. Here, they share 2 delicious recipes.
Broccoli Rabe, Macadamia & Chilli Spaghetti
This simple vegetarian pasta is quick and easy to make and a really tasty, healthy meals that’s perfect for the...
Indonesian-Inspired Banana Omelette for Two
This Indonesian-inspired banana omelette can be made as a sweet or savoury dish. Plus, it's so tasty, we bet you'll...