Cypriot Lemon Almond Cakes Recipe
A scrumptious, zesty and nourishing take on a traditional Cypriot semolina cake. I’ve swapped semolina and sugar for almond meal and maple syrup in this recipe which tastes just as good (if not better) as the original while packing it chock-a-block full with skin- and heart-loving healthy fats.
Makes: 8 mini-cakes
- 4 free-range eggs
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 1½ cups almond meal
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Sea salt
- Preheat oven to 175°C and grease 8-cup muffin tray.
- Whisk eggs, lemon zest and maple syrup in bowl until creamy.
- Add almond meal, coconut flour, baking powder and pinch of sea salt and mix again.
- Pour into muffin tin and place in middle of oven to bake for 20 mins.
- Cool in tin for 15 mins before serving.
Rhubarb and Apple Deconstructed Crumble Recipe
Each component of this is delicious in its own right, but combined they make a force to be reckoned with....
Blackberry and Apple Crumble Muffins Recipe
These tasty muffins are jam-packed with protective antioxidants and dietary fibre that help neutralise free radicals in the body and...
Miso Vegetables Pilaf Recipe
Miso is one of my favourite fermented foods which I use often in marinating fish, in dressings and as a...
Cauliflower Pomegranate Pilaf Recipe
I’ve learned so much about pilaf writing for this issue of EatWell — it’s so diverse, delicious and adaptable to...