Cypriot Lemon Almond Cakes Recipe
A scrumptious, zesty and nourishing take on a traditional Cypriot semolina cake. I’ve swapped semolina and sugar for almond meal and maple syrup in this recipe which tastes just as good (if not better) as the original while packing it chock-a-block full with skin- and heart-loving healthy fats.
Makes: 8 mini-cakes
- 4 free-range eggs
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 1½ cups almond meal
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Sea salt
- Preheat oven to 175°C and grease 8-cup muffin tray.
- Whisk eggs, lemon zest and maple syrup in bowl until creamy.
- Add almond meal, coconut flour, baking powder and pinch of sea salt and mix again.
- Pour into muffin tin and place in middle of oven to bake for 20 mins.
- Cool in tin for 15 mins before serving.
Indonesian-Inspired Banana Omelette for Two
This Indonesian-inspired banana omelette can be made as a sweet or savoury dish. Plus, it's so tasty, we bet you'll...
Vegetarian cashew and zucchini Indonesian noodles
What works as a stand-alone vegetarian dish, goes well with tofu, and can even proudly accompany a chicken or fish...
Thai mango salad
This summery Thai mango salad ticks all the boxes for a fresh and healthy meal
Thai tofu with almond sauce and jasmine rice
Tofu is a good source of protein, calcium, and B vitamins. Enjoy it Thai-style with almond sauce and jasmine rice...