Cypriot Lemon Almond Cakes Recipe
A scrumptious, zesty and nourishing take on a traditional Cypriot semolina cake. I’ve swapped semolina and sugar for almond meal and maple syrup in this recipe which tastes just as good (if not better) as the original while packing it chock-a-block full with skin- and heart-loving healthy fats.
Makes: 8 mini-cakes
- 4 free-range eggs
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 1½ cups almond meal
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Sea salt
- Preheat oven to 175°C and grease 8-cup muffin tray.
- Whisk eggs, lemon zest and maple syrup in bowl until creamy.
- Add almond meal, coconut flour, baking powder and pinch of sea salt and mix again.
- Pour into muffin tin and place in middle of oven to bake for 20 mins.
- Cool in tin for 15 mins before serving.
Spiced Cauliflower with Preserved Lemon
This delicious dish lives and dies by the quality of the curry powder. If you don’t have any on hand...
Quorn™ Foods shares 2 delicious, meat-free recipes
Quorn™ Foods is a global market leader in healthy, sustainable protein. Here, they share 2 delicious recipes.
Broccoli Rabe, Macadamia & Chilli Spaghetti
This simple vegetarian pasta is quick and easy to make and a really tasty, healthy meals that’s perfect for the...
Indonesian-Inspired Banana Omelette for Two
This Indonesian-inspired banana omelette can be made as a sweet or savoury dish. Plus, it's so tasty, we bet you'll...