Easy-Peasy Mini Vegan Pie Recipe
Full of vegetables and deliciousness, these vegan pies are super easy to make as a batch for working lunches and store in the fridge ready to go for a busy work week.
- Wholefood Pastry
- 2 cups whole almonds
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 4 cups wholemeal plain flour
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 2 cups plant milk, plus ¼ cup for glazing
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 500g mixed frozen vegetables (peas, corn & carrots)
- 300g pumpkin, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 8 button mushrooms, quartered
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- ¾ cup wholemeal flour, mixed with a little water to form a slurry
- 6 sheets vegan puff pastry or a batch of wholefood pastry
- For the wholefood pastry (if using), place the almonds, rolled oats, flour and salt into a food processor or blender. Pulse to a flour-like consistency then place in a large bowl. Add a cup of water and mix until the mixture forms a moist but firm dough (keep adding a little water if necessary). Place the dough in the fridge to rest for 1 hr.
- Preheat oven to 180ºC and set aside 2 x large 6-hole non-stick muffin tins.
- Heat a pot over a high heat, add the onion and dry sauté for a few mins. Add the garlic, curry powder, plant milk, stock, frozen and fresh vegetables, soy sauce and sugar. Mix well.
- Add the flour slurry and constantly stir until mixture boils. Lower the heat and simmer for 5 mins.
- If using the wholefood pastry, roll the dough between cling film with a rolling pin and cut into rectangles, then into squares.
- Line the muffin tins with puff or wholefood pastry, fill each one with the curry mix. Place a puff pastry lid on top. Brush each top with plant milk. Place in the oven and bake for 20 mins or until the pastry is cooked and golden brown.
- Remove the pies from the oven. Take them out of the muffin trays and place on a cake rack to slightly cool. Then serve.
Veggie Rice Balls Recipe
These rice balls make a tasty lunch on-the-go or can be added to a wrap or served with a salad...
Veggie Soup in a Jar with Flavour Hits Recipe
Looking for an easy on-the-go lunch? This veggie soup in a jar has got you covered, with 3 delicious and...
5-Veg Vegan Ramen Recipe
This vegan ramen is packed with an abundance of different vegetables for a highly colourful and super nutritious dish the...