Vegan Falafel Wraps Recipe
Legumes such as chickpeas are a great vegetarian source of iron. We need adequate iron in our diet for energy production and to make red blood cells that transport oxygen around the body. Iron is also required to make neurotransmitters like serotonin, our feel-good hormone. And luckily, these vegan falafel wraps have got you covered!
- 1 cup dried chickpeas, soaked overnight
- 2 tbsp chickpea flour
- 1 cup packed fresh parsley
- ¾ cup packed fresh coriander
- ½ cup finely chopped red onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Good pinch sea salt & pepper
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Wholemeal pita bread
- Suggested fillings: tomato, shredded lettuce, cucumber, sauerkraut
- Suggested sauces: tahini sauce, tzatziki, hummus or baba ghanoush
- Soak dried chickpeas overnight in a large bowl covered in water. Make sure chickpeas are covered in around 4 inches of water. Drain them well the next day.
- Place chickpeas in your food processor with chickpea flour, parsley, coriander, onion, garlic, cumin, sea salt, pepper, baking powder, and lemon juice. If the mixture is too wet add a little more flour. If the mixture is too dry add a little lemon juice or olive oil. Don’t over-blend it — you don’t want a puree. Process just enough so the mixture starts to hold together.
- Make 2 tbsp balls with the mixture and then place them on a tray and refrigerate for 30 min.
- Falafels can either be pan fried in olive oil until golden, or oven baked. To oven bake your falafels preheat the oven to 190°C. Brush them with olive oil and then bake them for 15 mins, turn and bake for a further 10 mins until golden.
- Serve your falafels in warm pita bread with lots of salad veggies and your preferred sauces.
Chocolate Nice Cream with Strawberries Recipe
Decadent and sweet with natural sugars, this choc nice cream is the perfect sweet treat or pancake topper — and...
Original Coconut Amino Sauce — Niulife
The original not-soy sauce that’s famous for flavour. This soy-free seasoning sauce is all-natural, non-GMO and gluten free. Made from...
Certified Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil — Niulife
Hand-made by small coastal villages in the pristine Solomon Islands, our single-origin wild-harvested Extra Virgin Coconut Oil provides a new...
BBQ Coconut Amino Sauce — Niulife
A deliciously rich and tangy sauce perfect for basting, dipping and pouring. This soy-free seasoning sauce is all-natural, non-GMO and...