Roast Pumpkin & Spinach Lasagne Recipe
Pumpkin and spinach are rich in beta-carotene, which is an immune enhancer and anti-inflammatory nutrient found in orange and green leafy vegetables. This important nutrient is converted to vitamin A in the body and needed to promote good eye health, strong immune function and healthy skin.
- 800g pumpkin, peeled & sliced
- Olive oil
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp Italian herbs
- Pinch sea salt & pepper
- 280g spinach, finely chopped
- 300g ricotta
- ⅓ cup parmesan, grated
- Gluten-free lasagne sheets
- Preheat oven to 200°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Toss slices of pumpkin with olive oil and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake for 30 mins or until cooked through. With the back of a fork, mash pumpkin pieces a little and then set aside.
- In a frying pan over medium heat, sauté onion and then add tomatoes, tomato paste, Italian herbs and sea salt. Transfer to a bowl.
- Pan-fry spinach in some olive oil until wilted.
- In a medium bowl combine ricotta, parmesan, wilted spinach and a pinch of sea salt and pepper.
- Spoon tomato mixture over the bottom of the baking dish. Top with a lasagne sheet, pumpkin, lasagne sheet, ricotta mixture, tomato, lasagne sheet, then repeat. Spread tomato over the top and cover with parmesan cheese.
- Bake covered with foil for 60 mins. Take the foil off for the last 15 mins of cooking.
- Top with a handful of fresh basil to serve.
Persian Baked Eggs Recipe
This Persian baked eggs dish is like comfort in a bowl. Dial up the spice with the addition of chilli,...
Crispy Persian Rice Recipe
This pan-fried Persian rice dish has a crisp golden crust with soft fluffy rice inside. It's a delicious side dish...
Vegetable Pasties with Spelt & Ghee Crust Recipe
These pasties are a beautiful and nourishing take on a traditional pastry filled with vegetables and herbs. Eat fresh out...