Gluten-free Delicious Lemon Cakes Recipe
A long lazy lunch is not complete without something sweet to finish. These lemon cakes are very simple to make and a healthier version than the traditional ones.
- 100g butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup coconut palm sugar
- 2 eggs
- 200g blanched almond meal
- 1 tsp baking powder
- zest & juice 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Grease and line 12-hole muffin tray.
- Add butter, coconut palm sugar and lemon zest to bowl. Beat together until mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add 1 egg and continue to beat until combined. Add second egg and beat until combined.
- Add almond meal, baking powder and lemon juice. Gently mix together to smooth batter.
- Spoon mixture into each mould and bake for 20 mins until golden brown. Allow to cool before serving.
Discover organic at our Wellbeing Directory
Like what you read?
Sign up for a weekly dose of wellness
Pumpkin and Chickpea Pasties Recipe
Mildly spiced, these Healthy Pumpkin and Chickpea Pasties are suitable for the whole family and are packed with fibre and...
Ploughman’s Board Recipe
Homemade seeded crackers are perfect for a ploughman’s board. Feel free to pick a selection of cheeses and add some...
Vegetarian Mushrooms and Lentil Bolognese Pasta Cake Recipe
The combination of finely chopped mushrooms and nutty lentils give a real beef mince-like texture and appearance. Try this healthy...