Gluten-free Smashed Avocado Toast Topped with Roast Veggies Recipe
The fats found in avocados are beneficial monounsaturated fats that help support cardiovascular health and can lower high cholesterol levels. Eating foods that contain healthy fats will help keep you full and satisfied after eating, so you are less likely to overeat at your next meal or crave unhealthy snacks. Avocados also provide plenty of beta-carotene and vitamin E.
- 1 medium sweet potato, diced
- 1 eggplant, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- Cold-pressed olive oil
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 large avocado
- Juice ½ lemon
- 4 slices gluten-free toast
- Pinch chili flakes
- Preheat your oven to 200°C and line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Toss vegetables in olive oil.
- Place sweet potato on one tray and eggplant, onion and zucchini on the other. Sprinkle with some sea salt.
- Place vegetables in the oven for 30–35 mins. Flip after 15 mins. Take the eggplant tray out sooner if they are starting to burn.
- Scoop out the flesh of your avocado and mash it with a fork in a small bowl with lemon juice.
- Put 2 pieces of toast on each plate and top with smashed avocado, roast vegetables and sprinkle with chilli flakes.
- Tip: Leftover roast veggies are perfect to toss through salads or to make veggie frittatas or patties the next day.
Ceres Organics — Young Jackfruit
Inside this can you’ll find a jackfruit of all trades. It’s a fruit with the mystic ability of a culinary...
Quinoa Rainbow Salad Recipe
This rainbow salad is packed with vitamins, antioxidants and, of course, plenty of flavour for a nutritious lunch that'll nourish...
Pesto, Asparagus & Tomato Risotto Recipe
This green vegan risotto is a great way to enjoy an interesting meal that is a satisfying and nutritious, restaurant-quality...