Grilled Pineapple, Avocado, Kale & Mint Summer Salad Recipe
There is nothing better than enjoying a few quality, simple ingredients that “pop” when paired together — and this summer salad is the perfect example. The sweetness of the grilled pineapple against the freshness of the greens is divine and will leave you feeling refreshed and energised.
- 1 avocado
- 1 bunch curly kale, leaves roughly chopped
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced (save a few slices for garnish)
- Juice 1 lemon
- Salt, to taste
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves (save a few for garnish)
- ½ fresh pineapple, peeled, sliced & grilled
- 1 lime cut into quarters, to garnish.
- Place the avocado, kale leaves, red onion, lime juice and salt into a bowl.
- Massage the avocado into the kale leaves until the kale becomes softened.
- Stir in the mint leaves.
- Place the salads into 2 coconut bowls, top with the grilled pineapple and a few red onion slices, mint leaves and a lime wedge.
Mexican Corn Fritters & Avocado Salsa Recipe
These corn fritters are a fun and tasty twist on traditional corn fritters, packed full of colourful vegetables and served...
Corn, Kale & Mushroom Bake Recipe
Stacked with colour, flavour and texture, this humble vegetarian breakfast bake makes for a quick, healthy and tasty mid-week meal...
Cheese, Corn & Chive Savoury Muffin Recipe
These savoury muffins would be delicious at a picnic served with some butter alongside a fresh salad and get the...
Poached Pear & Hazelnut Salad Recipe
This is a dish that keeps on giving, packed with poached pears, spicy rocket, crunchy hazelnuts and salty parmesan —...