Grilled Pineapple, Avocado, Kale & Mint Summer Salad Recipe
There is nothing better than enjoying a few quality, simple ingredients that “pop” when paired together — and this summer salad is the perfect example. The sweetness of the grilled pineapple against the freshness of the greens is divine and will leave you feeling refreshed and energised.
- 1 avocado
- 1 bunch curly kale, leaves roughly chopped
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced (save a few slices for garnish)
- Juice 1 lemon
- Salt, to taste
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves (save a few for garnish)
- ½ fresh pineapple, peeled, sliced & grilled
- 1 lime cut into quarters, to garnish.
- Place the avocado, kale leaves, red onion, lime juice and salt into a bowl.
- Massage the avocado into the kale leaves until the kale becomes softened.
- Stir in the mint leaves.
- Place the salads into 2 coconut bowls, top with the grilled pineapple and a few red onion slices, mint leaves and a lime wedge.
BBQ Jackfruit Pizza Recipe
Do you want to create a sensation at the dinner table? This vegan jackfruit pizza will blow your dinner guests’...
Asparagus & Fennel Soup with Cumin-spiced Lotus Chips Recipe
Although fennel and asparagus are less common ingredients, this soup combines their flavours beautifully in a unique affair, perfect for...
Ricotta with Eggplant, Olives & Tomato Recipe
Eggplant is such a wonderfully ‘meaty’ vegetable, and makes the ultimate crowd-pleasing starter when teamed with these scrumptious Italian flavours.