Healthy Loaded Fried Recipe
This is a healthy take on the loaded fries often found in takeaway restaurants — complete with a cheesy top but lots of other nourishing ingredients, too. It’s healthy comfort food at its best.
- 4 tbsp ghee or coconut oil
- 1kg potatoes and/or sweet potatoes, scrubbed clean & cut into fries
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ cup flaked, slivered or chopped almonds
- 4 spring onions, white part sliced
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
- ¼ cup crumbled feta or goat feta
- 2 ripe roma tomatoes, seeds removed & diced
- 1 large avocado, mashed with pinch salt
- Handful coriander leaves, picked from stems
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Pre-heat oven to 220ºC.
- In large baking dish, heat ghee or oil for 5 mins.
- Add potato and toss to coat. Add salt, oregano and smoked paprika and toss well again.
- Bake for 30 mins or until starting to crisp.
- Once potatoes are ready, top with almonds, spring onion, Parmesan and feta and return to oven for 5-10 mins.
- Remove from oven, scatter over tomato, blobs of mashed avocado, coriander and lime wedges.
- Enjoy immediately.
- Note: For a dairy-free and vegan version, bake the fries in coconut oil and replace the cheese with ¼ cup toasted cashews (processed to a meal) mixed with 1 tbsp nutritional yeast, a good pinch of sea salt and a pinch of garlic powder. You can also replace the feta with a vegan (cashew) cream cheese.
Miso Broth, Brown Rice Noodles and Leafy Greens Recipe
This is one of my favourite noodle dishes. After a busy day you can have this nourishing tasty meal on...
Roast Pumpkin and Kale Tart Recipe
You don’t need to consume meat in order to help your iron levels. Per calorie, studies suggest that kale has...
Rhubarb and Apple Deconstructed Crumble Recipe
Each component of this is delicious in its own right, but combined they make a force to be reckoned with....
Blackberry and Apple Crumble Muffins Recipe
These tasty muffins are jam-packed with protective antioxidants and dietary fibre that help neutralise free radicals in the body and...