Healthy Loaded Fried Recipe
This is a healthy take on the loaded fries often found in takeaway restaurants — complete with a cheesy top but lots of other nourishing ingredients, too. It’s healthy comfort food at its best.
- 4 tbsp ghee or coconut oil
- 1kg potatoes and/or sweet potatoes, scrubbed clean & cut into fries
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ cup flaked, slivered or chopped almonds
- 4 spring onions, white part sliced
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
- ¼ cup crumbled feta or goat feta
- 2 ripe roma tomatoes, seeds removed & diced
- 1 large avocado, mashed with pinch salt
- Handful coriander leaves, picked from stems
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Pre-heat oven to 220ºC.
- In large baking dish, heat ghee or oil for 5 mins.
- Add potato and toss to coat. Add salt, oregano and smoked paprika and toss well again.
- Bake for 30 mins or until starting to crisp.
- Once potatoes are ready, top with almonds, spring onion, Parmesan and feta and return to oven for 5-10 mins.
- Remove from oven, scatter over tomato, blobs of mashed avocado, coriander and lime wedges.
- Enjoy immediately.
- Note: For a dairy-free and vegan version, bake the fries in coconut oil and replace the cheese with ¼ cup toasted cashews (processed to a meal) mixed with 1 tbsp nutritional yeast, a good pinch of sea salt and a pinch of garlic powder. You can also replace the feta with a vegan (cashew) cream cheese.
Vegan Pumpkin and Zucchini 'No Pasta' Lasagna
In this recipe, I use pumpkin and zucchini for lasagna and a cashew béchamel sauce. Double the recipe and make...
Baked Sweet Potato Hash Browns Recipe
These hash browns can be enjoyed for breakfast, lunch, brunch, or dinner. The wholesome savoury flavours of sweet potato team...
Sweet Spiced Carrot Loaf with Maple and Peanut Frosting
As a beginner baker I truly believe simple recipes like loaves are a great introduction to the kitchen. You can...
Pumpkin and Goats Cheese Muffins Recipe
These muffins make the perfect lunchbox snack. They’re nut-free and packed with vegetables and nutrient-dense flours. For this recipe, I...