Indian-Spiced Mince with Peas Recipe
Dinner doesn’t get any more budget friendly, easier or tastier than this Indian Spiced Mince with Peas. It’s one of my family’s favourite midweek meals.
- 2 tbsp butter, ghee or coconut oil
- 1 large brown onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4cm piece ginger, peeled & chopped
- 2 tsp coriander, ground
- ½ tsp turmeric, ground
- 1 tsp cumin, ground
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Chilli flakes, to taste (optional)
- 500g grass-fed beef mince
- 4-5 roma tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
- Fresh coriander leaves, to serve
- Cauliflower rice or cooked rice, to serve
- In large frypan or wok, heat butter, ghee or coconut oil and sauté onion over medium heat for a few mins to soften.
- Add garlic, ginger and spices and fry, stirring well for about 1 min.
- Now add mince and tomatoes and stir-fry until mince is cooked.
- Add peas and cook for 1–2 mins. Stir through coriander and serve immediately.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Serve with rice or cauliflower rice (pictured here).
- Tip: Other vegetables can be added to the mix when stir-frying. Cut them small so they cook quickly with the mince. Leftovers are great for school lunches (in the thermos) or even wrapped in a fresh rice paper roll.
Indonesian-Inspired Banana Omelette for Two
This Indonesian-inspired banana omelette can be made as a sweet or savoury dish. Plus, it's so tasty, we bet you'll...
Berry and apple jellies
Fun to make and delicious to eat - these berry and apple jellies sure are a treat
No refined sugars and loads of fruit make this vegan tropical iceblock recipe a real winner
Cherry and almond sorbet
This simple cherry and almond sorbet recipe doesn’t require an ice-cream machine, and it's vegan-friendly too. What are you waiting...