Indian-Spiced Mince with Peas Recipe
Dinner doesn’t get any more budget friendly, easier or tastier than this Indian Spiced Mince with Peas. It’s one of my family’s favourite midweek meals.
- 2 tbsp butter, ghee or coconut oil
- 1 large brown onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4cm piece ginger, peeled & chopped
- 2 tsp coriander, ground
- ½ tsp turmeric, ground
- 1 tsp cumin, ground
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Chilli flakes, to taste (optional)
- 500g grass-fed beef mince
- 4-5 roma tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
- Fresh coriander leaves, to serve
- Cauliflower rice or cooked rice, to serve
- In large frypan or wok, heat butter, ghee or coconut oil and sauté onion over medium heat for a few mins to soften.
- Add garlic, ginger and spices and fry, stirring well for about 1 min.
- Now add mince and tomatoes and stir-fry until mince is cooked.
- Add peas and cook for 1–2 mins. Stir through coriander and serve immediately.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Serve with rice or cauliflower rice (pictured here).
- Tip: Other vegetables can be added to the mix when stir-frying. Cut them small so they cook quickly with the mince. Leftovers are great for school lunches (in the thermos) or even wrapped in a fresh rice paper roll.
Split Pea Pie with Sweet Potato Topping Recipes
A pastry-free alternative loaded with maximum comfort and nutrition. This would also work well with any leftover legume-based dish you...
Spinach Goat’s Cheese and Pine Nut Tarts Recipe
This tart is a trusty friend when you want to take something simple but special along to a potluck feast...
Mum's Ultimate Shepherd's Pie Recipe
This pie is a far cry from the basic meat and potato pie that most of us remember. The spices...
Roasted Cauliflower and Potato Curry Recipe
Turmeric has been used and well respected for 2500 years in India as an Ayurvedic medicine. This brightly coloured spice,...