Jamaican Lamb Curry Recipe
Lamb pairs nicely with Jamaican-style spices like garlic, ginger and turmeric in this easy-to-make curry. You could bulk up the dish by adding some long-grain rice, cooked in coconut milk with beans, which is a popular side dish in Jamaica.
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 large brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 2cm-piece fresh ginger, grated
- 4 large cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp black mustard seeds
- 750g lamb, cut into 2cm pieces
- 500mL stock or filtered water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp lemon zest
Juice & zest 1 lemon
- Few thyme sprigs
2 tsp sea salt
- Coconut yoghurt or yoghurt of choice, to serve
- Coriander or fresh curry leaves, to serve (optional)
- Heat the coconut oil in a large saucepan and sauté the onion, carrot, celery, ginger and garlic for 4–5 mins, until the onion is translucent.
- Stir in the spices and cook for 2 mins, or until fragrant.
- Add the lamb and cook until brown.
- Stir in the stock and bring to the boil, then add the bay leaf, reduce the heat to low and simmer gently, covered, for 1 hour 15 mins.
- Add the lemon zest and juice and the thyme, then simmer for an additional 10 mins.
- Season to taste.
- To serve, swirl in some coconut yoghurt and garnish with coriander.
Quinoa Rainbow Salad Recipe
This rainbow salad is packed with vitamins, antioxidants and, of course, plenty of flavour for a nutritious lunch that'll nourish...
Pesto, Asparagus & Tomato Risotto Recipe
This green vegan risotto is a great way to enjoy an interesting meal that is a satisfying and nutritious, restaurant-quality...
Quick Salad Jars with Green Tahini Dressing
These food jars are perfect for taking to work. Simply layer your ingredients, pop it in the fridge and grab...
Gluten-free Smashed Avocado Toast Topped with Roast Veggies Recipe
This deliciously healthy gluten-free take on smashed avo is packed with healthy fats to keep you full and satisfied from...