Kakadu Plum and Blueberry Ice Cream
I’m proud to see the elevation of a superfood from our own back door rising to take centre stage. Kakadu plum, also known as gubinge, is a native fruit from The Kimberley in Western Australia that has been enjoyed by Indigenous Australians for thousands of years. It’s one of the highest real-food sources of vitamin C known to man and has an astringent, citrusy flavour. Enjoy the benefits of this Aussie fruit in a refreshing fruity ice-cream paired with blueberries.
- 2 frozen ripe bananas
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- ¼ cup chilled coconut milk
- 1 tsp Kakadu plum powder (gubinge)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or fresh vanilla
- Mint leaves & pistachios, to decorate
- Whizz bananas, blueberries, coconut milk, Kakadu plum powder and vanilla in food processor until creamy. Add more coconut milk if needed to get a smooth consistency.
- Serve in bowls and decorate with mint leaves and pistachios.
Ceres Organics — Young Jackfruit
Inside this can you’ll find a jackfruit of all trades. It’s a fruit with the mystic ability of a culinary...
Quinoa Rainbow Salad Recipe
This rainbow salad is packed with vitamins, antioxidants and, of course, plenty of flavour for a nutritious lunch that'll nourish...
Pesto, Asparagus & Tomato Risotto Recipe
This green vegan risotto is a great way to enjoy an interesting meal that is a satisfying and nutritious, restaurant-quality...
Gluten-free Smashed Avocado Toast Topped with Roast Veggies Recipe
This deliciously healthy gluten-free take on smashed avo is packed with healthy fats to keep you full and satisfied from...