Kale and Mango Breakfast Smoothie Recipe
This smoothie is jam-packed with beta-carotene (pro-vitamin A). This important vitamin acts as a potent antioxidant and helps reduce inflammation in the body, while supporting eye health and vision. Kale is a super brassica vegetable that contains high levels of sulfur compounds essential for liver detoxification of carcinogens. Mangoes are a wonderful source of vitamin C, which is a powerful antioxidant and vital for collagen production for healthy, youthful skin. Vitamin C is also needed for healthy adrenal gland function and to strengthen immunity. Green leafy vegetables like kale and baby spinach are a good source of iron to bolster your immune system and promote red blood cell production and the transport of oxygen around the body.
- 1½ cups frozen mango pieces
- 1 packed cup baby spinach
- 1 large kale leaf, stem removed
- Small handful mint leaves, plus extra to serve
- ¼ large Lebanese cucumber
- 1 cup chilled water or green tea
- Small handful pistachios
- Place all ingredients, except pistachios, in blender and mix until smooth and well combined.
- Pour into 2 glasses and top with roughly chopped pistachios and some mint leaves.
- Tip: To supercharge your smoothie, use 1 cup chilled green tea instead of plain water. Green tea has been shown to help speed up your metabolism and increase fat burning and weight loss. Add a small teaspoon of matcha green tea or 1 tsp of spirulina or super greens powder to boost your immune and skin health. Try adding ½ small avocado for extra heart-healthy mono-unsaturated fats and beta-carotene.
Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts Recipe
If you’re not normally a lover of Brussels sprouts, this dish is sure to turn you into a fan! The...
Potato Pea Triangles Recipe
When our kids were young, this was their favourite dish. We’d make a big batch every week and they’d take...
Curry Spiced Trail Mix Recipe
Snack time just became a whole lot more interesting thanks to this Curry Spiced Trail Mix: the perfect combination of...
Butter Cauliflower and Sweet Potato Curry Recipe
Cauliflower and sweet potato add such abundant nutrition to this traditional curry dish with a twist. Both vegetables are rich...