Kale and Mango Breakfast Smoothie Recipe
This smoothie is jam-packed with beta-carotene (pro-vitamin A). This important vitamin acts as a potent antioxidant and helps reduce inflammation in the body, while supporting eye health and vision. Kale is a super brassica vegetable that contains high levels of sulfur compounds essential for liver detoxification of carcinogens. Mangoes are a wonderful source of vitamin C, which is a powerful antioxidant and vital for collagen production for healthy, youthful skin. Vitamin C is also needed for healthy adrenal gland function and to strengthen immunity. Green leafy vegetables like kale and baby spinach are a good source of iron to bolster your immune system and promote red blood cell production and the transport of oxygen around the body.
- 1½ cups frozen mango pieces
- 1 packed cup baby spinach
- 1 large kale leaf, stem removed
- Small handful mint leaves, plus extra to serve
- ¼ large Lebanese cucumber
- 1 cup chilled water or green tea
- Small handful pistachios
- Place all ingredients, except pistachios, in blender and mix until smooth and well combined.
- Pour into 2 glasses and top with roughly chopped pistachios and some mint leaves.
- Tip: To supercharge your smoothie, use 1 cup chilled green tea instead of plain water. Green tea has been shown to help speed up your metabolism and increase fat burning and weight loss. Add a small teaspoon of matcha green tea or 1 tsp of spirulina or super greens powder to boost your immune and skin health. Try adding ½ small avocado for extra heart-healthy mono-unsaturated fats and beta-carotene.
Okra with Kefir Lime, Coconut Rice and Sambal Recipe
I absolutely love the combination of the okra with this incredible rice! This is a very simple method of cooking...
Okra Panzanella Recipe
I love adding olives and roasted capsicum to this traditional Tuscan-inspired recipe. The addition of pan-fried okra and lemon gives...
Vegetable Tagine Recipe
This recipe is one of my all-time favourites for using up leftover vegetables. It can be made in a tagine...
Cauliflower, Chickpea and Pomegranate Tagine Recipe
Brassica vegetables such as cauliflower are nutrient-rich powerhouses that are loaded with disease-fighting vitamins, minerals and phytochemicals. Most of brassicas’...