Kale and Mango Breakfast Smoothie Recipe
This smoothie is jam-packed with beta-carotene (pro-vitamin A). This important vitamin acts as a potent antioxidant and helps reduce inflammation in the body, while supporting eye health and vision. Kale is a super brassica vegetable that contains high levels of sulfur compounds essential for liver detoxification of carcinogens. Mangoes are a wonderful source of vitamin C, which is a powerful antioxidant and vital for collagen production for healthy, youthful skin. Vitamin C is also needed for healthy adrenal gland function and to strengthen immunity. Green leafy vegetables like kale and baby spinach are a good source of iron to bolster your immune system and promote red blood cell production and the transport of oxygen around the body.
- 1½ cups frozen mango pieces
- 1 packed cup baby spinach
- 1 large kale leaf, stem removed
- Small handful mint leaves, plus extra to serve
- ¼ large Lebanese cucumber
- 1 cup chilled water or green tea
- Small handful pistachios
- Place all ingredients, except pistachios, in blender and mix until smooth and well combined.
- Pour into 2 glasses and top with roughly chopped pistachios and some mint leaves.
- Tip: To supercharge your smoothie, use 1 cup chilled green tea instead of plain water. Green tea has been shown to help speed up your metabolism and increase fat burning and weight loss. Add a small teaspoon of matcha green tea or 1 tsp of spirulina or super greens powder to boost your immune and skin health. Try adding ½ small avocado for extra heart-healthy mono-unsaturated fats and beta-carotene.
Roast Sweet Potato, Hummus & Quinoa Poke Bowl Recipe
You’ll notice that a lot of the components of one poke bowl can be used in another. Enjoy my Roast...
Rainbow Mushroom Poke Bowl by Jacqueline Alwill from The Brown Paper Bag
The Rainbow Poke Bowl delivers your body vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, fibre, proteins, carbohydrates, fats and so much more.
Spiced Carrot Dip Recipe
Mad for carrots? We are too! They are a regular player in our snack bag on the run. Try our...