Matcha, like other teas, comes from the tea plant Camellia sinensis. Matcha is made from high-quality whole tea leaves that are finely ground into a powder. Matcha is rich in protective antioxidants that are important for preventing oxidative damage in the body. Because you are consuming the whole leaves you get much higher levels of antioxidants and other beneficial nutrients compared with regular green tea.
Looking for new ways to cook rice? Try this delicious and healthy matcha rice recipe today.
- ¾ cup cooked jasmine rice
- 1 heaped tsp matcha powder
- 3 tsp rice vinegar
- Pinch sea salt
- ½ Lebanese cucumber, seeds sliced out
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- Sesame seeds
- After cooking rice, stir through matcha powder, vinegar and sea salt.
- Divide rice into 4 bowls and top with sliced cucumber, spring onion and sesame seeds.
- This is a perfect side dish to serve with salmon or tofu.