Miso Vegetables Pilaf Recipe
Miso is one of my favourite fermented foods which I use often in marinating fish, in dressings and as a simple snack as a soup with seaweed. It only seemed fair to try it out in a more Asian-fusion-style pilaf. I think it’s an absolutely winning combination.
- 2 tbsp coconut oil or butter
- 1 (180g) brown onion, peeled & finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled & finely chopped
- 3 stalks (260g) celery, diced
- 3 carrots (220g), trimmed & diced
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 3 tbsp miso paste
- 1 bunch Asian greens such as bok choy, trimmed & leaves separated
- Heat large saucepan on medium heat, add oil or butter, onion and garlic and cook covered for 5 mins.
- Add celery, carrots, stock, rice and miso, bring to boil then reduce heat to low and cook 30–35 mins.
- Add bok choy and cook further 5 mins, then serve.
Spiced Cauliflower with Preserved Lemon
This delicious dish lives and dies by the quality of the curry powder. If you don’t have any on hand...
Quorn™ Foods shares 2 delicious, meat-free recipes
Quorn™ Foods is a global market leader in healthy, sustainable protein. Here, they share 2 delicious recipes.
Broccoli Rabe, Macadamia & Chilli Spaghetti
This simple vegetarian pasta is quick and easy to make and a really tasty, healthy meals that’s perfect for the...
Indonesian-Inspired Banana Omelette for Two
This Indonesian-inspired banana omelette can be made as a sweet or savoury dish. Plus, it's so tasty, we bet you'll...