Miso Vegetables Pilaf Recipe
Miso is one of my favourite fermented foods which I use often in marinating fish, in dressings and as a simple snack as a soup with seaweed. It only seemed fair to try it out in a more Asian-fusion-style pilaf. I think it’s an absolutely winning combination.
- 2 tbsp coconut oil or butter
- 1 (180g) brown onion, peeled & finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled & finely chopped
- 3 stalks (260g) celery, diced
- 3 carrots (220g), trimmed & diced
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 3 tbsp miso paste
- 1 bunch Asian greens such as bok choy, trimmed & leaves separated
- Heat large saucepan on medium heat, add oil or butter, onion and garlic and cook covered for 5 mins.
- Add celery, carrots, stock, rice and miso, bring to boil then reduce heat to low and cook 30–35 mins.
- Add bok choy and cook further 5 mins, then serve.
Roast Pumpkin and Kale Tart Recipe
You don’t need to consume meat in order to help your iron levels. Per calorie, studies suggest that kale has...
Rhubarb and Apple Deconstructed Crumble Recipe
Each component of this is delicious in its own right, but combined they make a force to be reckoned with....
Blackberry and Apple Crumble Muffins Recipe
These tasty muffins are jam-packed with protective antioxidants and dietary fibre that help neutralise free radicals in the body and...