Miso Vegetables Pilaf Recipe
Miso is one of my favourite fermented foods which I use often in marinating fish, in dressings and as a simple snack as a soup with seaweed. It only seemed fair to try it out in a more Asian-fusion-style pilaf. I think it’s an absolutely winning combination.
- 2 tbsp coconut oil or butter
- 1 (180g) brown onion, peeled & finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled & finely chopped
- 3 stalks (260g) celery, diced
- 3 carrots (220g), trimmed & diced
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 3 tbsp miso paste
- 1 bunch Asian greens such as bok choy, trimmed & leaves separated
- Heat large saucepan on medium heat, add oil or butter, onion and garlic and cook covered for 5 mins.
- Add celery, carrots, stock, rice and miso, bring to boil then reduce heat to low and cook 30–35 mins.
- Add bok choy and cook further 5 mins, then serve.
Beetroot and Feta Croquette Appetiser Recipe
These simple beetroot and feta croquettes offer an easy, delicious and colourful appetiser to add to your entertaining menu.
Lemon Risotto Croquettes with Pesto Recipe
These delicious gluten-free croquettes are perfect served as an appetiser or as a vegetarian meal topped with marinara sauce, parmesan...
Coconut & Hemp Crumbed Brussels Sprouts Recipe
Pumped with plant protein and essential fats, these gluten-free crumbed Brussels sprouts are the ultimate vegan snack, side or lunch!
Mushroom & Pea Brown Rice Risotto Recipe
Looking for a wholesome dinner option? Try this plant-based brown rice risotto, full of fresh veggies and flavours for a...