Miso Vegetables Pilaf Recipe
Miso is one of my favourite fermented foods which I use often in marinating fish, in dressings and as a simple snack as a soup with seaweed. It only seemed fair to try it out in a more Asian-fusion-style pilaf. I think it’s an absolutely winning combination.
- 2 tbsp coconut oil or butter
- 1 (180g) brown onion, peeled & finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled & finely chopped
- 3 stalks (260g) celery, diced
- 3 carrots (220g), trimmed & diced
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 3 tbsp miso paste
- 1 bunch Asian greens such as bok choy, trimmed & leaves separated
- Heat large saucepan on medium heat, add oil or butter, onion and garlic and cook covered for 5 mins.
- Add celery, carrots, stock, rice and miso, bring to boil then reduce heat to low and cook 30–35 mins.
- Add bok choy and cook further 5 mins, then serve.
Indonesian-Inspired Banana Omelette for Two
This Indonesian-inspired banana omelette can be made as a sweet or savoury dish. Plus, it's so tasty, we bet you'll...
Vegetarian cashew and zucchini Indonesian noodles
What works as a stand-alone vegetarian dish, goes well with tofu, and can even proudly accompany a chicken or fish...
Thai mango salad
This summery Thai mango salad ticks all the boxes for a fresh and healthy meal
Thai tofu with almond sauce and jasmine rice
Tofu is a good source of protein, calcium, and B vitamins. Enjoy it Thai-style with almond sauce and jasmine rice...