Mushroom Omelette Wrap Recipe
This omelette wrap is a delicious, nutrient-dense fast meal that my whole family adores. My kids love to make this themselves — there’s something about wrapping it up that makes this a red-hot favourite when they decide to take over in the kitchen.
- 20g butter
- 1 small clove garlic, finely chopped
- 150g mushrooms such as Swiss brown, shiitake or oyster, sliced or torn
- ½ tsp fresh thyme leaves
- Sea salt & pepper
- ½ tsp sherry vinegar (can substitute red-wine vinegar with a pinch of sweetener dissolved in it)
- Handful baby spinach leaves
- 2 large eggs
- 10g cheddar cheese
- Heat large non-stick or cast-iron pan over medium–high heat and add butter.
- Once melted, add garlic, mushroom, thyme and a good pinch of sea salt and black pepper. Stir well so mushrooms are coated in butter.
- Cook for 3–4 mins, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms soften and brown.
- Add vinegar and spinach and stir for 30 secs to just wilt spinach. Set aside.
- Crack eggs into mixing bowl, season with pinch sea salt and black pepper, then beat well with fork until fully combined.
- Add a little more butter to hot pan, then carefully pour in eggs.
- Tilt pan so egg thinly coats base of pan (parents to help with this).
- Grate cheese onto board and sprinkle over egg.
- Now add mushrooms to centre of omelette wrap and fold in edges to form parcel.
- Serve immediately.
Discover organic at our Welbeing Directory
Like what you read?
Sign up for a weekly dose of wellness
Want to reduce salt intake? Try spices instead
Spicy food seems to reduce salt intake according to a new study.
Why you should eat like a Scandinavian
Scandinavian countries are known for their openness and their minimalist aesthetic, but you can take notes from the Nords in...
Soba Noodles with Prawns & Edamame Recipe
Want to know the secret to this warm noodle dish? Add the dressing right at the end so it still...
Sponsor Recipes: That’s Amore Cheese
Discover some of the delicious recipes you can make with That’s Amore Cheese.