Mushroom Omelette Wrap RecipeCredit: Georgia Harding
This omelette wrap is a delicious, nutrient-dense fast meal that my whole family adores. My kids love to make this themselves — there’s something about wrapping it up that makes this a red-hot favourite when they decide to take over in the kitchen.
- 20g butter
- 1 small clove garlic, finely chopped
- 150g mushrooms such as Swiss brown, shiitake or oyster, sliced or torn
- ½ tsp fresh thyme leaves
- Sea salt & pepper
- ½ tsp sherry vinegar (can substitute red-wine vinegar with a pinch of sweetener dissolved in it)
- Handful baby spinach leaves
- 2 large eggs
- 10g cheddar cheese
- Heat large non-stick or cast-iron pan over medium–high heat and add butter.
- Once melted, add garlic, mushroom, thyme and a good pinch of sea salt and black pepper. Stir well so mushrooms are coated in butter.
- Cook for 3–4 mins, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms soften and brown.
- Add vinegar and spinach and stir for 30 secs to just wilt spinach. Set aside.
- Crack eggs into mixing bowl, season with pinch sea salt and black pepper, then beat well with fork until fully combined.
- Add a little more butter to hot pan, then carefully pour in eggs.
- Tilt pan so egg thinly coats base of pan (parents to help with this).
- Grate cheese onto board and sprinkle over egg.
- Now add mushrooms to centre of omelette wrap and fold in edges to form parcel.
- Serve immediately.
Like what you read?
Sign up for a weekly dose of wellness
How to manage weight gain for a health pregnancy?
Excessive weight gain during pregnancy can have adverse effects on mother and baby, but exercise and diet can reduce risks.
Sugar Snap Peas, Pearl Couscous and Grated Vegetable Salad Recipe
In this recipe, the colourful vegetables complement the texture of the couscous and the dressing ties it all together wonderfully.
Sponsor Recipes: The Chia Co.
Discover some of the delicious recipes you can make with The Chia Co.
Warm Steamed Beetroot and Goat’s Cheese Salad Recipe
This Warm Steamed Beetroot and Goat’s Cheese Salad is the perfect quick lunch or dinner option.