Mushroom and Spinach Vegan Quiche Recipe
Who says you need eggs to make a quiche? My eggless vegan quiche is savoury, satisfying, comforting, loaded with vegies, healthy, crispy on the crust, egg-like in the centre and perfect for lunch, brunch, dinner and even served cold at picnics.
- ½ cup whole almonds
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup water
- 500g firm tofu
- ½ cup soy milk
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- Zest ½ lemon
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
½ cup water
- 1 onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 10 medium-sized mushrooms, sliced
1 zucchini, grated
- 1 carrot, grated
2 handfuls spinach, shredded
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Add all crust ingredients (except water) to bowl and combine. Add water and mix with hands until mixture forms moist but firm dough (keep adding a little water if necessary).
- Spread dough with fingers evenly over base and sides of a 25cm loose-bottom flan tin. Poke fork holes in dough so air can escape. Bake for 10 mins or until lightly golden and firm to touch. Set aside to cool.
- Increase oven temperature to 200°C.
- To make filling, place tofu, soy milk, nutmeg, zest and maple syrup in a food processor or blender and blend to ricotta consistency. Place in large bowl.
- Heat frying pan on high heat. Add ½ cup water then add onion and garlic and sauté until all water evaporates. Add mushroom and sauté until soft. Add zucchini, carrot and spinach. Add soy sauce and sauté for a couple of mins until vegetables are soft.
- Place cooked vegetables in bowl with tofu mixture. Add oregano, whole wheat flour and salt and pepper to taste. With hands, mix ingredients together in bowl.
- Place tofu and vegetable mixture in cooked flan crust. Press down firmly. Bake for 30 mins. Remove, let cool and serve.
Scrambled Turmeric Tofu Recipe
Tofu provides a good dose of the important bone-building minerals, calcium and phosphorus. Taste the scrambled turmeric tofu recipe!
Roast Sweet Potato, Hummus & Quinoa Poke Bowl Recipe
You’ll notice that a lot of the components of one poke bowl can be used in another. Enjoy my Roast...
Rainbow Mushroom Poke Bowl by Jacqueline Alwill from The Brown Paper Bag
The Rainbow Poke Bowl delivers your body vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, fibre, proteins, carbohydrates, fats and so much more.