Pea, Mint and Ginger Risotto Recipe
The combination of peas, mint, ginger and lemon is so delicious. When I make this dish, I always have a second helping.
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, peeled & sliced
- 1 tbsp finely grated ginger
- 2 cups uncooked Arborio rice
- 1.1L vegetable stock
- 3 cups frozen peas, thawed
- ½ cup mint leaves
- 2 cups pea tendrils
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 lemon, quartered
- Heat saucepan on medium–low heat, add onion, garlic, ginger and 2 tbsp water. Sauté until water is absorbed.
- Add rice and stir for 1 min until rice starts to become translucent. Reduce heat to very low. Add half of stock and stir frequently until absorbed. Continue adding ½ cup stock and stir until absorbed (it will take about 30 mins).
- Meanwhile, add 1 cup peas and mint to blender with 1 cup of water and puree to liquid. Add other 2 cups of peas and liquid peas to rice and stir to combine.
- To serve, divide cooked risotto into 4 bowls, top with pea tendrils and season with freshly ground salt and pepper and squeeze of a quarter of lemon.
Bean Chilli with Cashew Sour Cream and Guacamole Recipe
A good, slow-cooked chilli always goes down well and is great for feeding a crowd. Make a double batch and...
Hemp and Kale Nuggets with Cucumber Hummus Recipe
These nuggets can easily be turned into patties for hemp burgers. They freeze well too.
Overnight Chia Hemp and Carrot Cake Brekky Bowl Recipe
Having breakfast ready and waiting to go is one of the easiest ways to kick off good nutrition for the...
Strawberry Orange Hemp Seed Jam Recipe
A simple breakfast of jam on toast can so easily move from simple to healthfully decadent and abundant in nutrients...