Pea, Mint and Ginger Risotto Recipe
The combination of peas, mint, ginger and lemon is so delicious. When I make this dish, I always have a second helping.
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, peeled & sliced
- 1 tbsp finely grated ginger
- 2 cups uncooked Arborio rice
- 1.1L vegetable stock
- 3 cups frozen peas, thawed
- ½ cup mint leaves
- 2 cups pea tendrils
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 lemon, quartered
- Heat saucepan on medium–low heat, add onion, garlic, ginger and 2 tbsp water. Sauté until water is absorbed.
- Add rice and stir for 1 min until rice starts to become translucent. Reduce heat to very low. Add half of stock and stir frequently until absorbed. Continue adding ½ cup stock and stir until absorbed (it will take about 30 mins).
- Meanwhile, add 1 cup peas and mint to blender with 1 cup of water and puree to liquid. Add other 2 cups of peas and liquid peas to rice and stir to combine.
- To serve, divide cooked risotto into 4 bowls, top with pea tendrils and season with freshly ground salt and pepper and squeeze of a quarter of lemon.
Crispy Vegetable Pilaf with Chickpeas and Preserved Lemon Recipe
This is even quicker if you have the rice left over from a previous night and ready to go. Simple...
Vegan Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe
My mum’s spaghetti bolognese was the best! I could have eaten it every night as a kid; it was my...
Vegan Pumpkin and Zucchini 'No Pasta' Lasagna
In this recipe, I use pumpkin and zucchini for lasagna and a cashew béchamel sauce. Double the recipe and make...