Pea, Mushroom & Smoked Tofu Stew
Based on the traditional Transylvanian stew, this recipe swaps out the meat and adds smoked tofu. The cashew sour cream creates a delicious stew that coats the vegetables with a bounty of flavour.
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 250g smoked tofu, very finely diced
- 1 cup water
- 500g button mushrooms, cut into quarters
- 2 tbsp vegan “chicken” stock powder
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- ½ cup cashew sour cream (see recipe below)
- 1 tsp Hungarian paprika
- 250g frozen green peas
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- Pinch paprika
- Heat saucepan over medium heat, add onion and sauté without oil until translucent.
- Add tofu and sauté for 2 mins. Add half the water to deglaze pan.
- Add mushrooms and stock powder, cover with lid, reduce heat and cook for about 5 mins. Add mustard, cashew sour cream, paprika, green peas and remaining water and cook for 1 min, stirring until peas are bright green.
- To serve, top with chopped parsley and a pinch of paprika and serve with cooked brown rice.
BBQ Jackfruit Pizza Recipe
Do you want to create a sensation at the dinner table? This vegan jackfruit pizza will blow your dinner guests’...
Asparagus & Fennel Soup with Cumin-spiced Lotus Chips Recipe
Although fennel and asparagus are less common ingredients, this soup combines their flavours beautifully in a unique affair, perfect for...
Ricotta with Eggplant, Olives & Tomato Recipe
Eggplant is such a wonderfully ‘meaty’ vegetable, and makes the ultimate crowd-pleasing starter when teamed with these scrumptious Italian flavours.