Pesto, Asparagus & Tomato Risotto Recipe
One way to ensure your food is gluten-free is to cook at home with ingredients you have carefully selected. This green risotto is a great way to enjoy an interesting meal that is a satisfying and nutritious, restaurant-quality one made at home.
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1½ cups short-grain brown rice
- 6 cups liquid vegetable stock
- To Serve
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves
- ½ cup nutritional yeast
- ½ cup raw cashews
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- ½ cup water
- 1 tsp salt
- Heat a saucepan over a high heat and dry sauté the onion and garlic. Add the rice, 5 cups of the vegetable stock and stir well. Cover with a lid and bring to the boil.
- Once boiling, reduce the heat to very low and cook for 1½ hrs until all the liquid is absorbed and the grains of rice are soft.
- While the rice is cooking, steam the asparagus then run under cold water to cool. Once cool, slice the stem into small rounds and slice the spear tips in half lengthwise and set aside.
- Heat a frying pan and place the tomato halves, cut side down, and cook until light-brown and soft.
- Make the pesto by placing all the ingredients into a high-speed blender and blend to a sauce.
- When the rice is cooked, add the pesto and the remaining 1 cup of stock. Stir vigorously for 1–2 mins until the rice is creamy, then add the asparagus rounds.
- Spoon the risotto into bowls, top with grilled tomatoes and asparagus spears and sprinkle with some nutritional yeast and salt and pepper, to taste.
Ceres Organics — Young Jackfruit
Inside this can you’ll find a jackfruit of all trades. It’s a fruit with the mystic ability of a culinary...
Quinoa Rainbow Salad Recipe
This rainbow salad is packed with vitamins, antioxidants and, of course, plenty of flavour for a nutritious lunch that'll nourish...
Gluten-free Smashed Avocado Toast Topped with Roast Veggies Recipe
This deliciously healthy gluten-free take on smashed avo is packed with healthy fats to keep you full and satisfied from...