Plant-Based Butterbean Chickpea Tagine Recipe
Hands down some of the easiest yet wow-factor dishes are those that land in a slow cooker. The slow, low nature of the cooking process allows more of the flavour to be released and to combine with the complementary ingredients of the dish. I’m on a mission this winter to create more plant-based slow-cooked dishes and I think this tagine will win hearts and tummies over.
- 1 red onion, peeled & roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled & finely sliced
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground harissa spice
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 400g Jap pumpkin, cut into chunks
- 12 dried organic Turkish apricots
- 1 red capsicum (220g), seeded & roughly chopped
- 400g tin butter beans, rinsed & drained
- 400g tin chickpeas, rinsed & drained
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup coriander, leaves & stalks finely chopped
- Cooked rice, buckwheat or quinoa, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place large casserole dish over medium heat, add red onion, oil and garlic. Cover and sweat vegetables for 3-4 mins.
- Add ginger, cumin, harissa and cook 1 min.
- Add tomatoes, pumpkin, apricots, capsicum, beans, chickpeas and water, bring to boil, stir, then cover and place in oven to cook for 2 hours.
- Serve with fresh coriander and your choice of wholegrain bread or flatbread accompaniment.
No refined sugars and loads of fruit make this vegan tropical iceblock recipe a real winner
Cherry and almond sorbet
This simple cherry and almond sorbet recipe doesn’t require an ice-cream machine, and it's vegan-friendly too. What are you waiting...
Mango passionfruit chia pudding
Need a healthy breakfast or a lunch on the run? These vegan mango passionfruit chia puddings are the perfect solution
Strawberry, banana and vanilla iceblocks
Sugar-free, plant-based and vegan, these strawberry, banana and vanilla iceblocks will be your best healthy indulgence go-to ever.