Poached Pear & Hazelnut Salad Recipe
This is a delicious side salad or build a meal by adding your choice of protein. I love the combination of poached pears with the spicy rocket, crunchy hazelnuts and salty parmesan. It’s a flavour match made in heaven.
- 2 cooking pears
- 125mL red wine
- ½ cup hazelnuts
- 120g rocket
- 50g parmesan
- Dijon Dressing
- 60mL olive oil
- 20mL red-wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Pinch sea salt
- Peel the pears, remove the core and cut into quarters. Place them in a small pot and add the red wine. Cover and simmer for 5–7 mins or until they are just starting to soften.
- Meanwhile toast the hazelnuts under a low grill, tossing regularly until they are just golden brown and the skins fall away. Place them in a tea towel and rub to loosen the black skins from them. Set aside to cool.
- Place the rocket into a serving bowl.
- Once the pears are cooked, remove from the pot and allow to cool fully. Slice and arrange on the rocket with the hazelnuts and parmesan.
- To make the dressing, mix all the ingredients together in a small jar until well combined.
- Dress the salad immediately before serving.
Baked Tofu, Broccoli & White Miso Dressing Salad Recipe
Miso is made in a few different varieties. White miso is a lighter version and is sometimes referred to as...
Salmon, Rocket, Goat’s Cheese & Pumpkin Salad Recipe
Not sure what to do with your Christmas leftovers? Toss them together to whip up this simple yet delicious salad...
3 easy summer-ready vegetarian recipes
Kick-start summer the right way with these 3 quick and easy vegetarian recipes that feature Bulla Cottage Cheese to elevate...