Portugese Baked Eggs Recipe
Eggs make a valuable addition to your diet; they’re rich in protein and vitamin B12 for making red blood cells and maintaining a healthy nervous system, and vitamin D, which is essential for healthy bones and immune health. Eggs also contain choline, needed to make the neurotransmitter acetylcholine, which is vital for healthy brain function and memory. Always buy organic eggs when you can.
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup thinly sliced capsicum
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Olive oil
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Handful finely chopped kale, stems removed (optional)
- Handful fresh basil leaves
- 1 tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp chilli flakes
- ⅓ cup ricotta
- 3 organic eggs
- Handful grated cheese such as parmesan or cheddar
- In frying pan over medium heat cook onion, capsicum and garlic in some olive oil until soft. Add tomato, kale, basil, paprika and chilli flakes and cook for another 5 mins.
- Make 3 holes in mixture and spoon in some ricotta then top with an egg.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese and cook until eggs look cooked through.
- Place under grill to cook eggs further and melt cheese.
- Delicious served with crusty bread.
Vegan Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe
My mum’s spaghetti bolognese was the best! I could have eaten it every night as a kid; it was my...
Quick Vegetarian Nachos Recipe
I love this meal for a midweek quickie when I have no protein to work with. I try to always...
Vegan Pumpkin and Zucchini 'No Pasta' Lasagna
In this recipe, I use pumpkin and zucchini for lasagna and a cashew béchamel sauce. Double the recipe and make...
Baked Sweet Potato Hash Browns Recipe
These hash browns can be enjoyed for breakfast, lunch, brunch, or dinner. The wholesome savoury flavours of sweet potato team...