Portugese Baked Eggs Recipe
Eggs make a valuable addition to your diet; they’re rich in protein and vitamin B12 for making red blood cells and maintaining a healthy nervous system, and vitamin D, which is essential for healthy bones and immune health. Eggs also contain choline, needed to make the neurotransmitter acetylcholine, which is vital for healthy brain function and memory. Always buy organic eggs when you can.
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup thinly sliced capsicum
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Olive oil
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Handful finely chopped kale, stems removed (optional)
- Handful fresh basil leaves
- 1 tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp chilli flakes
- ⅓ cup ricotta
- 3 organic eggs
- Handful grated cheese such as parmesan or cheddar
- In frying pan over medium heat cook onion, capsicum and garlic in some olive oil until soft. Add tomato, kale, basil, paprika and chilli flakes and cook for another 5 mins.
- Make 3 holes in mixture and spoon in some ricotta then top with an egg.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese and cook until eggs look cooked through.
- Place under grill to cook eggs further and melt cheese.
- Delicious served with crusty bread.
Broccoli Rabe, Macadamia & Chilli Spaghetti
This simple vegetarian pasta is quick and easy to make and a really tasty, healthy meals that’s perfect for the...
Indonesian-Inspired Banana Omelette for Two
This Indonesian-inspired banana omelette can be made as a sweet or savoury dish. Plus, it's so tasty, we bet you'll...
Vegetarian cashew and zucchini Indonesian noodles
What works as a stand-alone vegetarian dish, goes well with tofu, and can even proudly accompany a chicken or fish...
Thai mango salad
This summery Thai mango salad ticks all the boxes for a fresh and healthy meal