Portugese Baked Eggs Recipe
Eggs make a valuable addition to your diet; they’re rich in protein and vitamin B12 for making red blood cells and maintaining a healthy nervous system, and vitamin D, which is essential for healthy bones and immune health. Eggs also contain choline, needed to make the neurotransmitter acetylcholine, which is vital for healthy brain function and memory. Always buy organic eggs when you can.
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup thinly sliced capsicum
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Olive oil
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Handful finely chopped kale, stems removed (optional)
- Handful fresh basil leaves
- 1 tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp chilli flakes
- ⅓ cup ricotta
- 3 organic eggs
- Handful grated cheese such as parmesan or cheddar
- In frying pan over medium heat cook onion, capsicum and garlic in some olive oil until soft. Add tomato, kale, basil, paprika and chilli flakes and cook for another 5 mins.
- Make 3 holes in mixture and spoon in some ricotta then top with an egg.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese and cook until eggs look cooked through.
- Place under grill to cook eggs further and melt cheese.
- Delicious served with crusty bread.
Mushroom and Zucchini Risotto Recipe
Porcini mushrooms give this risotto a rich, earthy flavour. If you have leftovers, form them into balls or patties and...
Tahini Muesli Bars Recipe
Feel free to use any combination of nuts, seeds and dried fruit in this recipe but be sure to stick...
Tahini Choc Chip Cookies Recipes
As a mum and nutritionist, I’m always trying to find more nourishing ways to create the family favourites — especially...
Tahini Icy Poles Recipes
For as long as I can remember there has been a healthy version of icy poles in my life. My...