Portuguese Chicken Skewers with Mint Yoghurt Sauce Recipes
Including protein-rich foods like chicken in meals will provide amino acids to build and restore the body, along with helping keep blood sugar levels balanced and to give you a feeling of satiety after eating. Chicken provides plenty of zinc, which is an important nutrient needed for wound healing and to support healthy immune function, and is vital for male and female fertility. Buy organic chicken when you can.
Makes: 4 skewers
- 1 tbsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Good pinch sea salt & pepper
- 3 tbsp cold-pressed olive oil
- 2 organic chicken breasts, diced
- Mint Yoghurt Sauce
- ¾ cup Greek yoghurt
- Small handful mint leaves
- Pinch sea salt
- Juice ½ lemon
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Pomegranate seeds, to serve
- Place paprika, cayenne, garlic, sea salt and pepper in medium bowl with olive oil and mix well.
- Add chicken to bowl and toss until well coated.
- Thread chicken on skewers and cook for 4 mins each side until cooked through.
- Place all sauce ingredients in food processor and blend until well combined.
- Delicious served with lemon wedges and topped with pomegranate seeds.
The secret healing power of pineapple
We all know pineapple is deliciously sweet - but did you know about its secret healing power? Read on to...
Why avocados are good for your health
Avocadoes are not only delicious but also a source of healing fats and nutrients.
Do you love avocado? Dr Karen Bridgman shares the health benefits of the fruit
Who doesn't love smashed avocado atop their toast on the weekend? Avocadoes are not only delicious but also a source...
We take a look at Cardamom, "the queen of spices" and its health benefits
Known as the “queen of spices”, the active ingredients in cardamom exhibit a variety of metabolic activities including reducing spasms...