Portuguese Chicken Skewers with Mint Yoghurt Sauce Recipes
Including protein-rich foods like chicken in meals will provide amino acids to build and restore the body, along with helping keep blood sugar levels balanced and to give you a feeling of satiety after eating. Chicken provides plenty of zinc, which is an important nutrient needed for wound healing and to support healthy immune function, and is vital for male and female fertility. Buy organic chicken when you can.
Makes: 4 skewers
- 1 tbsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Good pinch sea salt & pepper
- 3 tbsp cold-pressed olive oil
- 2 organic chicken breasts, diced
- Mint Yoghurt Sauce
- ¾ cup Greek yoghurt
- Small handful mint leaves
- Pinch sea salt
- Juice ½ lemon
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Pomegranate seeds, to serve
- Place paprika, cayenne, garlic, sea salt and pepper in medium bowl with olive oil and mix well.
- Add chicken to bowl and toss until well coated.
- Thread chicken on skewers and cook for 4 mins each side until cooked through.
- Place all sauce ingredients in food processor and blend until well combined.
- Delicious served with lemon wedges and topped with pomegranate seeds.
Are you ready to join the coconut craze?
You see them everywhere — cracked open and ready to drink at fresh food markets and cold-pressed into jars at...
Tahini Cumin Dressing Recipe
This is my Middle-Eastern-inspired dressing which I use on anything from salads to roasted vegetables; it’s especially good on roasted...
An in-depth look at leafy greens and their health benefits
You’ve heard about the superfood powers of chia and blueberries but, lurking in the vegetable aisle of the supermarket and...
Cranberry and Oat Cookies Recipe
Cranberries are rich in protective antioxidants, vitamin A and K — all-important nutrients needed to promote healthy eyes and good...