Portuguese Chicken Skewers with Mint Yoghurt Sauce Recipes
Including protein-rich foods like chicken in meals will provide amino acids to build and restore the body, along with helping keep blood sugar levels balanced and to give you a feeling of satiety after eating. Chicken provides plenty of zinc, which is an important nutrient needed for wound healing and to support healthy immune function, and is vital for male and female fertility. Buy organic chicken when you can.
Makes: 4 skewers
- 1 tbsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Good pinch sea salt & pepper
- 3 tbsp cold-pressed olive oil
- 2 organic chicken breasts, diced
- Mint Yoghurt Sauce
- ¾ cup Greek yoghurt
- Small handful mint leaves
- Pinch sea salt
- Juice ½ lemon
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Pomegranate seeds, to serve
- Place paprika, cayenne, garlic, sea salt and pepper in medium bowl with olive oil and mix well.
- Add chicken to bowl and toss until well coated.
- Thread chicken on skewers and cook for 4 mins each side until cooked through.
- Place all sauce ingredients in food processor and blend until well combined.
- Delicious served with lemon wedges and topped with pomegranate seeds.
13 antioxidant foods and how to enjoy them
Antioxidants defend against cell-damaging free radicals, which increase your risk of disease and premature ageing. Including a variety of antioxidant-rich...
Which dairy is the better choice: full or reduced fat?
It’s easy to get hung up on fat content when it comes to dairy products, especially if you’re watching your...
Oven-Baked Pumpkin and Corn Brown Rice Risotto Recipe
This hearty risotto is a great source of dietary fibre. Brown rice contains around seven times more fibre than white...
Tahini Lentil Burger Recipe
These burger patties are soft inside and crispy on the outside. Make yourself a double batch and freeze some so...