Pumpkin, Red Capsicum, Red Lentil & Turmeric Soup
Pumpkin and turmeric make magic in this wonderfully nourishing superfood soup.
- 1 onion, diced
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 small red chilli, finely sliced
- 1 cup uncooked red lentils
- 1 red capsicum, roughly chopped
- ¼ pumpkin, chopped into 3cm chunks
- 8 cups water
- 2 tbsp vegan stock powder
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- ½ cup coriander leaves
- Heat a non-stick saucepan and dry sauté the onions (no oil).
- Add the turmeric and cumin, mixed with a dash of water to make a slurry, and cook for 30 secs, then add ¼ cup of water to deglaze the pan.
- Add the chilli, uncooked red lentils, capsicum, pumpkin, water and stock powder. Mix well and bring to the boil, then simmer, covered for 15–20 mins.
- Once the pumpkin has softened, blend to a smooth soup texture with a handheld stick blender or in a high-speed blender.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve in bowls and top with a few coriander leaves.
Berry, Pepita & Walnut Fruit Salad with Sweet Cashew Cream Recipe
Level up your fruit salad with this sweet and smooth easy-to-prepare cashew cream, you can enjoy good health and a...
Cauliflower Cashew Curry Recipe
This is a really tasty vegan curry recipe that is perfect as a nourishing stand-alone meal or served with rice...
Cashews, Tofu, Broccoli in a Sweet Soy Glaze Recipe
In this recipe, we have combined cashews with tofu and broccoli and added a delicious sweet-savoury sauce for the ultimate...
Vegan Pizza with Cashew Cream Cheese Recipe
Looking for a plant-based option for dinner? In this recipe, we show you how to use cashews to make a...