Ricepaper Rolls or Sticky WrapsCredit: Georgia Harding
Kids absolutely love filling, rolling and eating these rolls. They are such a quick, easy and healthy lunchbox filler or snack and are also a great way to use up leftovers.
Makes: Depends on filling
- Rice paper sheets
- Leftover mince with herbs, lettuce, grated carrot
- Tuna, diced chicken or chopped boiled egg mixed with pesto & grated carrot
- Diced chicken or tuna, shredded nori paper, salad or sprouts tossed in a little mayonnaise and lemon juice
- Diced leftover sausage or meatballs with shredded or grated salad dressed in a little lemon juice
- Leftover potato salad or coleslaw with diced chicken or tuna
- Leftover quinoa, rice or noodle dish, salad & lemon juice
- Leftover omelette or frittata with salad & lemon juice
- Chickpeas or cannellini beans marinated in lime juice, cumin & ground cinnamon, with salad, sprouts or coleslaw
- Kimchi or sauerkraut
- Prepare fillings the night before and spend even less time in the morning rolling them.
- Start by running warm water over both sides of ricepaper for about 3–4 secs (or dip in bowl filled with warm water).
- Place on damp chopping board, add filling and roll.
- The paper goes sticky as it sits so roll quickly. I generally place filling towards top of paper (2 heaped tbsp), fold down top edge, followed by sides, then roll downwards towards me. You may have some funny shaped ones to start with but your kids will soon get the hang of it.
- Tip: I find no problems with them staying moist until lunchtime. However, when stored, they can stick together. My kids don’t have too much problem prying them apart, but if your kids do, you can sit them in a little lettuce cup or place a piece of baking paper or foil between or around them to stop them sticking together. You can also cover with a damp cloth if dryness is a problem.
Like what you read?
Sign up for a weekly dose of wellness
How to manage weight gain for a health pregnancy?
Excessive weight gain during pregnancy can have adverse effects on mother and baby, but exercise and diet can reduce risks.
Sugar Snap Peas, Pearl Couscous and Grated Vegetable Salad Recipe
In this recipe, the colourful vegetables complement the texture of the couscous and the dressing ties it all together wonderfully.
Sponsor Recipes: The Chia Co.
Discover some of the delicious recipes you can make with The Chia Co.
Warm Steamed Beetroot and Goat’s Cheese Salad Recipe
This Warm Steamed Beetroot and Goat’s Cheese Salad is the perfect quick lunch or dinner option.