Ricotta with Eggplant, Olives & Tomato Recipe
I’m yet to find a way that eggplant doesn’t impress me. It is such a wonderfully ‘meaty’ vegetable without the meat component, of course. For me this makes it a wholesome vegetarian starter particularly when teamed with the scrumptious flavours of tomato, basil and pistachios and the creaminess of ricotta.
Serves: 4 as starter
- 1 large eggplant, sliced into eighths
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large vine-ripened tomato, diced
- ¼ cup Sicilian green olives
- 2 tbsp finely sliced basil
- 2 tbsp shelled, chopped pistachios
- Heat oven to 200°C and line a large baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Place eggplant on tray and drizzle with olive oil, then bake in oven for 45 mins.
- Spread ricotta over a serving platter (or in separate bowls as desired), arrange tomato, olives and eggplant over the top, sprinkle with basil and pistachios, season with sea salt and black pepper and serve.
BBQ Jackfruit Pizza Recipe
Do you want to create a sensation at the dinner table? This vegan jackfruit pizza will blow your dinner guests’...
Asparagus & Fennel Soup with Cumin-spiced Lotus Chips Recipe
Although fennel and asparagus are less common ingredients, this soup combines their flavours beautifully in a unique affair, perfect for...