Ricotta with Eggplant, Olives & Tomato Recipe
I’m yet to find a way that eggplant doesn’t impress me. It is such a wonderfully ‘meaty’ vegetable without the meat component, of course. For me this makes it a wholesome vegetarian starter particularly when teamed with the scrumptious flavours of tomato, basil and pistachios and the creaminess of ricotta.
Serves: 4 as starter
- 1 large eggplant, sliced into eighths
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large vine-ripened tomato, diced
- ¼ cup Sicilian green olives
- 2 tbsp finely sliced basil
- 2 tbsp shelled, chopped pistachios
- Heat oven to 200°C and line a large baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Place eggplant on tray and drizzle with olive oil, then bake in oven for 45 mins.
- Spread ricotta over a serving platter (or in separate bowls as desired), arrange tomato, olives and eggplant over the top, sprinkle with basil and pistachios, season with sea salt and black pepper and serve.
Lemon Yoghurt Cake Recipe
This lemon yoghurt cake is gluten-free and packed with plenty of naturally sweet, sticky flavours for a deliciously moreish afternoon...
3 dinner party recipes for cheese lovers
Cheese lovers, look no further! These recipes, made with That's Amore Cheese's decadent burrata, are the ultimate dinner & dessert...
4 protein-packed treats to boost your energy
Herbalife Nutrition’s energy food shakes provide a balanced source of healthy nutrition packed with vitamins and minerals, protein and fibre.
Creamy Cauliflower Soup Recipe
This creamy, lush cauliflower soup is the ultimate warming, soul food. It's perfect for vegetarian dinners and gluten-free too!