Ricotta with Eggplant, Olives & Tomato Recipe
I’m yet to find a way that eggplant doesn’t impress me. It is such a wonderfully ‘meaty’ vegetable without the meat component, of course. For me this makes it a wholesome vegetarian starter particularly when teamed with the scrumptious flavours of tomato, basil and pistachios and the creaminess of ricotta.
Serves: 4 as starter
- 1 large eggplant, sliced into eighths
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large vine-ripened tomato, diced
- ¼ cup Sicilian green olives
- 2 tbsp finely sliced basil
- 2 tbsp shelled, chopped pistachios
- Heat oven to 200°C and line a large baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Place eggplant on tray and drizzle with olive oil, then bake in oven for 45 mins.
- Spread ricotta over a serving platter (or in separate bowls as desired), arrange tomato, olives and eggplant over the top, sprinkle with basil and pistachios, season with sea salt and black pepper and serve.
Spinach & Feta Scrolls Recipe
These savoury scrolls are delicious and filling, packed with spinach and feta for a satisfyingly healthy snack or on-the-go lunch.
Vegetable Pasta Bake Recipe
This easy pasta bake is the perfect way to use up leftover veggies in the fridge. Add chilli flakes to...
Veg-Packed Chickpea Burgers Recipe
Looking for a delicious dinner option that's jam-packed with vegetables? These easy and tasty burgers made with black beans and...
Thai Vegetable Stir-Fry Recipe
This dish offers a quick-to-make, super-tasty vegetable stir-fry. The sauce has such a beautiful flavour that will make your veggies...