Roasted carrot hummus
Carrots give this healthy and delicious hummus a boost in beta-carotene which is needed to make vitamin A in the body and promote healthy eyes and vision. Beta-carotene is also an excellent anti-inflammatory nutrient.
- 5 large carrots, peeled
- 2 tins chickpeas, drained well
- ¼ cup cold-pressed olive oil
- Juice 1 lemon
- 3 heaped tbsp tahini
- 1 heaped tsp cumin
- 1 heaped tsp paprika
- Pinch sea salt
- ½ cup water
- Preheat oven to 200°C and line baking tray with baking paper.
- Place carrots on baking tray and drizzle with a little olive oil. Bake for about 20 mins until cooked through.
- Place remaining ingredients in food processor and blend until smooth and well combined. Add water gradually until desired consistency is reached, add more water if needed.
- Serve hummus topped with drizzle of olive oil, roasted baby carrots or roasted chickpeas and sprinkling of paprika. Delicious with toasted flatbreads, sourdough, crackers and vegie sticks.
Sourdough Crumbed Lamb Cutlets Recipe
With a herby sourdough crumb, these crumbed lamb cutlets offer a fun addition to any picnic or dinner spread —...
Crumbed Oyster Mushroom Vegan Burger Recipe
This crumbed mushroom vegan burger with cashew creamed Sriracha offers a delicious plant-based dish for the whole family.
Eggplant Schnitzel with Vegan Cashew Tzatziki Recipe
Offering a quick, delicious and creative take on a family favourite, this plant-based eggplant schnitzel is one to add to...
Crunchy Teriyaki Tofu Nourish Bowl Recipe
Still learning to love plant-based food? This delicious teriyaki tofu bowl is exactly what you need — even the greatest...