Scrambled Turmeric Tofu Recipe
This tasty scrambled turmeric tofu recipe is a fantastic vegan alternative to scrambled eggs. Tofu provides a good dose of the important bone-building minerals, calcium and phosphorus. It also contains high levels of isoflavones, a type of phyto-oestrogen associated with improving menopausal symptoms and lowering the risk of osteoporosis. Always choose organic tofu that’s free from genetically modified soybeans.
- 250g organic firm tofu
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- ¼ tsp sweet paprika
- Pinch sea salt & pepper
- ¼ tsp chilli flakes
- Dash olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, diced
- Small handful kale, finely chopped
- Small handful parsley, roughly chopped
- In small bowl, mash tofu with fork and add turmeric, paprika, sea salt, pepper and chilli.
- In frying pan over medium heat, add olive oil and cook onion until soft. Add carrot, kale and tofu and cook for around 10 mins.
- Toss through fresh parsley and serve either on its own or with sourdough toast, roasted tomatoes and avocado.
- Tip: Try tossing brown rice through this dish.
Are you ready to join the coconut craze?
You see them everywhere — cracked open and ready to drink at fresh food markets and cold-pressed into jars at...
Tahini Cumin Dressing Recipe
This is my Middle-Eastern-inspired dressing which I use on anything from salads to roasted vegetables; it’s especially good on roasted...
An in-depth look at leafy greens and their health benefits
You’ve heard about the superfood powers of chia and blueberries but, lurking in the vegetable aisle of the supermarket and...
Cranberry and Oat Cookies Recipe
Cranberries are rich in protective antioxidants, vitamin A and K — all-important nutrients needed to promote healthy eyes and good...