Scrambled Turmeric Tofu Recipe
This tasty scrambled turmeric tofu recipe is a fantastic vegan alternative to scrambled eggs. Tofu provides a good dose of the important bone-building minerals, calcium and phosphorus. It also contains high levels of isoflavones, a type of phyto-oestrogen associated with improving menopausal symptoms and lowering the risk of osteoporosis. Always choose organic tofu that’s free from genetically modified soybeans.
- 250g organic firm tofu
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- ¼ tsp sweet paprika
- Pinch sea salt & pepper
- ¼ tsp chilli flakes
- Dash olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, diced
- Small handful kale, finely chopped
- Small handful parsley, roughly chopped
- In small bowl, mash tofu with fork and add turmeric, paprika, sea salt, pepper and chilli.
- In frying pan over medium heat, add olive oil and cook onion until soft. Add carrot, kale and tofu and cook for around 10 mins.
- Toss through fresh parsley and serve either on its own or with sourdough toast, roasted tomatoes and avocado.
- Tip: Try tossing brown rice through this dish.
The secret healing power of pineapple
We all know pineapple is deliciously sweet - but did you know about its secret healing power? Read on to...
Why avocados are good for your health
Avocadoes are not only delicious but also a source of healing fats and nutrients.
Do you love avocado? Dr Karen Bridgman shares the health benefits of the fruit
Who doesn't love smashed avocado atop their toast on the weekend? Avocadoes are not only delicious but also a source...
We take a look at Cardamom, "the queen of spices" and its health benefits
Known as the “queen of spices”, the active ingredients in cardamom exhibit a variety of metabolic activities including reducing spasms...