Scrambled Turmeric Tofu Recipe
This tasty scrambled turmeric tofu recipe is a fantastic vegan alternative to scrambled eggs. Tofu provides a good dose of the important bone-building minerals, calcium and phosphorus. It also contains high levels of isoflavones, a type of phyto-oestrogen associated with improving menopausal symptoms and lowering the risk of osteoporosis. Always choose organic tofu that’s free from genetically modified soybeans.
- 250g organic firm tofu
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- ¼ tsp sweet paprika
- Pinch sea salt & pepper
- ¼ tsp chilli flakes
- Dash olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, diced
- Small handful kale, finely chopped
- Small handful parsley, roughly chopped
- In small bowl, mash tofu with fork and add turmeric, paprika, sea salt, pepper and chilli.
- In frying pan over medium heat, add olive oil and cook onion until soft. Add carrot, kale and tofu and cook for around 10 mins.
- Toss through fresh parsley and serve either on its own or with sourdough toast, roasted tomatoes and avocado.
- Tip: Try tossing brown rice through this dish.
13 antioxidant foods and how to enjoy them
Antioxidants defend against cell-damaging free radicals, which increase your risk of disease and premature ageing. Including a variety of antioxidant-rich...
Which dairy is the better choice: full or reduced fat?
It’s easy to get hung up on fat content when it comes to dairy products, especially if you’re watching your...
Oven-Baked Pumpkin and Corn Brown Rice Risotto Recipe
This hearty risotto is a great source of dietary fibre. Brown rice contains around seven times more fibre than white...
Tahini Lentil Burger Recipe
These burger patties are soft inside and crispy on the outside. Make yourself a double batch and freeze some so...