Sea Salt & Apple-Cider Vinegar Sardines on Lavash
Before you turn your nose up, I implore you to research some of the wondrous benefits of the mighty sardine. I’ve made it my mission to find ways to bring this cheap and uber-nourishing ingredient back into the spotlight. Here’s a scrumptious way to enjoy sardines’ omega-3 anti-inflammatory goodness.
- 110–120g tin sardines in extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp apple-cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Pinch Celtic sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 lavash crackers or gluten-free crackers of choice
- Herbs such as coriander, to garnish
- Thin lemon wedges, to serve (optional)
- Place sardines in bowl. Add vinegar, lemon juice, salt and a good grind of black pepper.
- Using fork, gently mix to combine, lightly mashing sardines if preferred.
- Serve immediately on crackers, garnished with herbs, and with some lemon wedges if desired.