Slow-Cooked Mediterranean Vegetables Recipe
Slow Sunday lunches are made for dishes like these. The most flavourful combination of pumpkin, capsicum, zucchini and eggplant with Mediterranean spices cooked in deliciously antioxidant-rich tomatoes. Serve it up with a chunky piece of sourdough and sink into a slow, beautifully nourishing meal.
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion , peeled & roughly chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled & roughly chopped
- 580g Jap pumpkin, skin removed, roughly chopped
- 1 red capsicum (185g), seeded & roughly chopped
- 2 small zucchini, cut into 2cm rounds
- 1 large eggplant, roughly chopped
- ½ cup kalamata olives
- 2 × 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Heat large casserole dish on medium heat on stovetop, add oil, onion and garlic, cover and cook for 5 mins.
- Add pumpkin, capsicum, zucchini, eggplant, kalamata olives, tomatoes and oregano, cover and then place in oven to slow-cook for 2 hours.
- Serve with crunchy green side salad and sourdough bread.
Indonesian-Inspired Banana Omelette for Two
This Indonesian-inspired banana omelette can be made as a sweet or savoury dish. Plus, it's so tasty, we bet you'll...
Vegetarian cashew and zucchini Indonesian noodles
What works as a stand-alone vegetarian dish, goes well with tofu, and can even proudly accompany a chicken or fish...
Thai mango salad
This summery Thai mango salad ticks all the boxes for a fresh and healthy meal
Thai tofu with almond sauce and jasmine rice
Tofu is a good source of protein, calcium, and B vitamins. Enjoy it Thai-style with almond sauce and jasmine rice...