Slow-Cooked Mediterranean Vegetables Recipe
Slow Sunday lunches are made for dishes like these. The most flavourful combination of pumpkin, capsicum, zucchini and eggplant with Mediterranean spices cooked in deliciously antioxidant-rich tomatoes. Serve it up with a chunky piece of sourdough and sink into a slow, beautifully nourishing meal.
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion , peeled & roughly chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled & roughly chopped
- 580g Jap pumpkin, skin removed, roughly chopped
- 1 red capsicum (185g), seeded & roughly chopped
- 2 small zucchini, cut into 2cm rounds
- 1 large eggplant, roughly chopped
- ½ cup kalamata olives
- 2 × 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Heat large casserole dish on medium heat on stovetop, add oil, onion and garlic, cover and cook for 5 mins.
- Add pumpkin, capsicum, zucchini, eggplant, kalamata olives, tomatoes and oregano, cover and then place in oven to slow-cook for 2 hours.
- Serve with crunchy green side salad and sourdough bread.
Vegetarian Cypriot Sausage Recipe
If you’ve followed my work for a while you’ll know I love the challenge of a meat for vego swap...
Lentils and Greens with a Lemony Vinaigrette Recipe
This salad is the perfect main or side dish. It’s loaded with beautiful iron-boosting ingredients like lentils, almonds and greens,...
Iron-boosting Eggplant and Spinach Lasagne Recipe
Who doesn’t love a good lasagne? Even better, who doesn’t love a gluten-free vegie-loaded lasagne? The addition of frozen spinach...
Iron-rich (No) Meatballs with Zucchini Pasta Recipe
(No) meat, no worries! Iron, in the form of non-haem iron, can be found in plant-based foods too so don’t...