Slow-Cooked Mediterranean Vegetables Recipe
Slow Sunday lunches are made for dishes like these. The most flavourful combination of pumpkin, capsicum, zucchini and eggplant with Mediterranean spices cooked in deliciously antioxidant-rich tomatoes. Serve it up with a chunky piece of sourdough and sink into a slow, beautifully nourishing meal.
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion , peeled & roughly chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled & roughly chopped
- 580g Jap pumpkin, skin removed, roughly chopped
- 1 red capsicum (185g), seeded & roughly chopped
- 2 small zucchini, cut into 2cm rounds
- 1 large eggplant, roughly chopped
- ½ cup kalamata olives
- 2 × 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Heat large casserole dish on medium heat on stovetop, add oil, onion and garlic, cover and cook for 5 mins.
- Add pumpkin, capsicum, zucchini, eggplant, kalamata olives, tomatoes and oregano, cover and then place in oven to slow-cook for 2 hours.
- Serve with crunchy green side salad and sourdough bread.
Spiced Cauliflower with Preserved Lemon
This delicious dish lives and dies by the quality of the curry powder. If you don’t have any on hand...
Quorn™ Foods shares 2 delicious, meat-free recipes
Quorn™ Foods is a global market leader in healthy, sustainable protein. Here, they share 2 delicious recipes.
Broccoli Rabe, Macadamia & Chilli Spaghetti
This simple vegetarian pasta is quick and easy to make and a really tasty, healthy meals that’s perfect for the...
Indonesian-Inspired Banana Omelette for Two
This Indonesian-inspired banana omelette can be made as a sweet or savoury dish. Plus, it's so tasty, we bet you'll...