Slow Cooker Satay Tofu Sweet Potato and Vegetables Recipe
My 9-year-old boy requests this slow-cooked tofu sweet potato and vegie dish regularly. It’s the perfect introduction of more vegetarian-based dishes for youngsters because there are so many great flavours in each bite, and parents can rest assured that everyone is receiving a great balance of nutrition. Jump in the kitchen as a family, chop and cook this one together.
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 130g brown onion, peeled & roughly chopped
- ½ bunch coriander, leaves picked, stalks finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled & roughly chopped
- 2 carrots (160g), sliced into rounds
- 3 stalks (160g) celery, roughly chopped
- 350g button mushrooms, cleaned
- 400g firm tofu, cut into 2cm chunks
- 400g sweet potato, peeled and cut in 4cm chunks
- 400mL organic coconut milk
- 200mL water
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- ¼ cup peanuts
- ¼ cup raw cashews
- 2 tbsp tamari
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Cooked brown rice, buckwheat or quinoa, to serve
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Heat large casserole dish on medium heat, add coconut oil, onion, coriander stalks, garlic, carrot and celery and cook covered for 6 mins.
- Add mushrooms, tofu, sweet potato, coconut milk, water, turmeric, peanuts, cashews and tamari and season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Place in oven to cook for 2 hours. Serve with brown rice, buckwheat or quinoa and fresh coriander leaves.
English Baked Beans on Toast
Tinned baked beans are full of sugar and salt. Once you’ve tried this recipe, you won’t buy tinned beans ever...
Pear Spelt Pancakes with Strawberry Purée
Pears and strawberries are rich sources of vitamin C, which is vital for boosting immune function and for supporting adrenal...
Creamy Pea, Asparagus & Broccolini Pasta with Mint Pesto
Pesto is a sauce originating in Genoa, the capital city of Liguria, Italy. It traditionally consists of crushed garlic, pine...
Vegan Székely Gulyás (Mushroom & Sauerkraut Goulash)
The name székely gulyás means “gypsy goulash” in Hungarian. Technically, this is a soupy pork dish with sauerkraut and sour...