Slow Cooker Satay Tofu Sweet Potato and Vegetables Recipe
My 9-year-old boy requests this slow-cooked tofu sweet potato and vegie dish regularly. It’s the perfect introduction of more vegetarian-based dishes for youngsters because there are so many great flavours in each bite, and parents can rest assured that everyone is receiving a great balance of nutrition. Jump in the kitchen as a family, chop and cook this one together.
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 130g brown onion, peeled & roughly chopped
- ½ bunch coriander, leaves picked, stalks finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled & roughly chopped
- 2 carrots (160g), sliced into rounds
- 3 stalks (160g) celery, roughly chopped
- 350g button mushrooms, cleaned
- 400g firm tofu, cut into 2cm chunks
- 400g sweet potato, peeled and cut in 4cm chunks
- 400mL organic coconut milk
- 200mL water
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- ¼ cup peanuts
- ¼ cup raw cashews
- 2 tbsp tamari
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Cooked brown rice, buckwheat or quinoa, to serve
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Heat large casserole dish on medium heat, add coconut oil, onion, coriander stalks, garlic, carrot and celery and cook covered for 6 mins.
- Add mushrooms, tofu, sweet potato, coconut milk, water, turmeric, peanuts, cashews and tamari and season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Place in oven to cook for 2 hours. Serve with brown rice, buckwheat or quinoa and fresh coriander leaves.
Vegetarian Cypriot Sausage Recipe
If you’ve followed my work for a while you’ll know I love the challenge of a meat for vego swap...
Lentils and Greens with a Lemony Vinaigrette Recipe
This salad is the perfect main or side dish. It’s loaded with beautiful iron-boosting ingredients like lentils, almonds and greens,...
Iron-boosting Eggplant and Spinach Lasagne Recipe
Who doesn’t love a good lasagne? Even better, who doesn’t love a gluten-free vegie-loaded lasagne? The addition of frozen spinach...
Iron-rich (No) Meatballs with Zucchini Pasta Recipe
(No) meat, no worries! Iron, in the form of non-haem iron, can be found in plant-based foods too so don’t...