Spelt and Olive Focaccia Bread Recipe
Focaccia bread is one of the easiest breads to make as it requires very little rising time. I’ve topped this recipe with olives and rosemary, but you can use roasted pumpkin and goat cheese or just have it plain with no topping.
Makes: 1 focaccia
- 2 tbsp dried instant yeast
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 325mL warm water
- 475g spelt flour
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup pitted olives
- 2–3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Add yeast and sugar to warm water, stir, cover and allow to stand for 5 mins. Add spelt flour to large bowl along with salt and 2 tbsp olive oil. Mix together, make well in centre and pour in yeast water mixture. Mix together until sticky dough forms and tip onto floured surface. Knead for 15 mins until dough is soft and elastic. Set aside in bowl, covered, for 60 mins in warm place.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line baking tray with baking paper. Turn dough out onto floured surface, knock out air and knead for a few mins.
- Roll out dough into desired shape. Cover again and allow to sit in warm place for another 20 mins. Uncover and press dimples into dough using fingers. Push in olives, sprinkle with rosemary and drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Bake for 25–30 mins until golden brown.
BBQ Jackfruit Pizza Recipe
Do you want to create a sensation at the dinner table? This vegan jackfruit pizza will blow your dinner guests’...
Asparagus & Fennel Soup with Cumin-spiced Lotus Chips Recipe
Although fennel and asparagus are less common ingredients, this soup combines their flavours beautifully in a unique affair, perfect for...
Ricotta with Eggplant, Olives & Tomato Recipe
Eggplant is such a wonderfully ‘meaty’ vegetable, and makes the ultimate crowd-pleasing starter when teamed with these scrumptious Italian flavours.