Spelt and Olive Focaccia Bread Recipe
Focaccia bread is one of the easiest breads to make as it requires very little rising time. I’ve topped this recipe with olives and rosemary, but you can use roasted pumpkin and goat cheese or just have it plain with no topping.
Makes: 1 focaccia
- 2 tbsp dried instant yeast
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 325mL warm water
- 475g spelt flour
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup pitted olives
- 2–3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Add yeast and sugar to warm water, stir, cover and allow to stand for 5 mins. Add spelt flour to large bowl along with salt and 2 tbsp olive oil. Mix together, make well in centre and pour in yeast water mixture. Mix together until sticky dough forms and tip onto floured surface. Knead for 15 mins until dough is soft and elastic. Set aside in bowl, covered, for 60 mins in warm place.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line baking tray with baking paper. Turn dough out onto floured surface, knock out air and knead for a few mins.
- Roll out dough into desired shape. Cover again and allow to sit in warm place for another 20 mins. Uncover and press dimples into dough using fingers. Push in olives, sprinkle with rosemary and drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Bake for 25–30 mins until golden brown.
Vegan Pumpkin and Zucchini 'No Pasta' Lasagna
In this recipe, I use pumpkin and zucchini for lasagna and a cashew béchamel sauce. Double the recipe and make...
Baked Sweet Potato Hash Browns Recipe
These hash browns can be enjoyed for breakfast, lunch, brunch, or dinner. The wholesome savoury flavours of sweet potato team...
Sweet Spiced Carrot Loaf with Maple and Peanut Frosting
As a beginner baker I truly believe simple recipes like loaves are a great introduction to the kitchen. You can...
Pumpkin and Goats Cheese Muffins Recipe
These muffins make the perfect lunchbox snack. They’re nut-free and packed with vegetables and nutrient-dense flours. For this recipe, I...