Stir-Fried Snow Peas, Cabbage & Mushrooms
Simple ingredients thrown into a frying pan and heated with some condiments can create a majestic meal in just a few minutes.
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 2 cup liquid vegetable stock
- 2 stalks celery, sliced on diagonal
- 1 red capsicum, finely sliced
- 6 large mushrooms, sliced
- ¼ small wombok, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 handfuls snow peas, topped & tailed
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp vegan oyster sauce
- 2 tsp rice-wine vinegar
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- Add cornflour to vegetable stock and stir.
- Heat wok on high heat.
- Add celery, capsicum and mushrooms. Stir-fry for 1 min then add wombok, ginger, garlic and snow peas and continue to stir-fry for a couple of mins.
- Add sweet chilli sauce, soy sauce, oyster sauce and vinegar and stir.
- Add stock and cornflour mixture. Mix well and stir until sauce returns to boil and thickens slightly.
- Serve with cooked brown rice.
As winter approaches and COVID lingers, it's time to think about boosting your immunity
We take a look at the ins and outs of COVID-19 and how natural remedies can help boost your immunity...
The healing, heart-healthy properties of the humble almond
Almonds are actually a seed, not a nut, but whatever you call them they are super-healthy and can help with...
Do you have a magnesium deficiency? We take a look at the early signs and how to balance your intake
Although magnesium is vital for human health, it is estimated that half of all adults are magnesium deficient.
Have you ever heard of osteopenia? We investigate a case of increasing osteopenia
Have you ever heard of osteopenia? WellBeing's resident naturopath Dr Karen Bridgman investigate a case of increasing osteopenia.