Sweet Spiced Carrot Loaf with Maple and Peanut Frosting
As a beginner baker I truly believe simple recipes like loaves are a great introduction to the kitchen. You can keep the ingredients simple and then charge up the flavour with delicious spices. In this recipe I’ve done just that with a twist on a traditional carrot cake using wholesome ingredients and spices such as turmeric, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- ½ cup melted coconut oil or macadamia oil
- 4 free-range eggs
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp bicarb soda
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- ¼ cup dates, pitted & chopped
- 1½ cups grated carrot
- ⅓ cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup coconut flour
Maple and Peanut Frosting
- 2 tbsp smooth natural peanut butter
- 1½ tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp almond milk
- Additional crushed nuts & coconut flakes, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 170°C and line loaf tin with greaseproof paper.
- In large bowl, whisk together oil, eggs, honey, vanilla, bicarb and spices until creamy.
- Add chia seeds, dates, carrot, coconut and flour and mix well to combine.
- Pour into loaf tin and place in middle of oven to cook for 1 hour. Check with skewer after an hour and if it comes out clean remove from oven.
- If skewer is still wet after an hour, cook a further 5-10 mins and check again.
- Once cooked, allow to cool in tin for 20 mins, then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
- While cooling, make frosting by whisking ingredients in bowl.
- Once loaf is cooled, drizzle frosting over top, garnish with additional nuts and shredded coconut, slice and serve.
- Keep in fridge up to 1 week.
Spiced Cauliflower with Preserved Lemon
This delicious dish lives and dies by the quality of the curry powder. If you don’t have any on hand...
Quorn™ Foods shares 2 delicious, meat-free recipes
Quorn™ Foods is a global market leader in healthy, sustainable protein. Here, they share 2 delicious recipes.
Broccoli Rabe, Macadamia & Chilli Spaghetti
This simple vegetarian pasta is quick and easy to make and a really tasty, healthy meals that’s perfect for the...
Indonesian-Inspired Banana Omelette for Two
This Indonesian-inspired banana omelette can be made as a sweet or savoury dish. Plus, it's so tasty, we bet you'll...