Tahini Buckwheat Noodles with Edamame Recipe
Tahini is a fantastic source of protein and rich in the essential amino acid methionine, which aids liver function by reducing fat deposits in the liver. This popular sesame paste also provides plenty of healthy unsaturated fats and vitamin E, which help promote heart health. Buckwheat is a fibre-rich seed used just like a grain. It is gluten-free and not related to wheat.
- 100g buckwheat noodles
- ½ cup shelled edamame
- ½ capsicum, diced
- ¾ cup finely chopped kale
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- Handful fresh coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- Sesame seeds & hemp seeds, for topping
- Tahini Dressing
- 3 tbsp tahini
- ¼ cup water
- Juice 1 lemon
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Pinch sea salt
- Cook noodles in boiling water for around 7 mins or follow packet instructions. Drain and set aside in bowl.
- Cook edamame beans for 4 mins in boiling water then drain.
- In frypan over medium heat, cook capsicum, kale and shallots for 4 mins in a little olive oil.
- In small bowl, combine dressing ingredients and mix to smooth paste. Add more water if you desire a thinner consistency.
- Add vegetables and edamame to noodles, drizzle with dressing and toss gently to combine.
- Top with coriander and sesame seeds to serve.
Discover organic at our Wellbeing Directory
Like what you read?
Sign up for a weekly dose of wellness
Beetroot, Potato and Lentil Soup Recipe
This Healthy Vegan and Gluten-Free Beetroot, Potato and Lentil Soup Recipe is very similar to a borscht soup, but with...
Salad of Zucchini, Sugar Snap Peas and Brown Lentils with Balsamic and Dijon Vinaigrette Recipe
This Salad of Zucchini, Peas and Lentils with Dijon Vinaigrette uses the beautiful ingredient red cabbage, a staple in the...
Vegan Beetroot Borscht with Chickpeas and Vegetables Recipe
This traditional beetroot soup incorporates a variety of other vegetables for extra nutrition. It can be eaten cold in the...
Pan-Fried Pineapple Recipe
In this Pan-Fried Pineapple recipe, you'll enjoy a simply luscious blend of caramelised sweetness and coconut yoghurt.