Tahini Icy Poles Recipes
For as long as I can remember there has been a healthy version of icy poles in my life. My mum used to make them with fresh juice for us as kids and when I started my own family I decided they’d be a tradition I’d continue. Kids and adults love an icy pole treat and it’s lovely to know that they can be enjoyed with good-quality nutrition. I’ve supercharged these delicious icy poles with essential fats and calcium from tahini, fibre and sweetness from bananas and a kick of cinnamon to balance blood sugar levels, too.
Makes: 6 icy poles
- 3 ripe bananas
- 3 tbsp tahini
- ½ cup coconut or nut milk of choice
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- To serve
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp maple
- 1 tbsp almond milk
- 1 tbsp macadamia nuts, finely chopped
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- Make the icy poles by placing bananas, tahini, coconut or nut milk, cinnamon and vanilla in high-speed blender or food processor and blitz until creamy.
- Pour into 6 icy pole containers, place stick in middle of each and pop into freezer to set for 6–8 hours.
- Enjoy as is or, if you’d like an extra crunch and wow factor, whisk together tahini, maple and almond milk for the crumb in small bowl until smooth.
- Drizzle randomly across icy poles then sprinkle with macadamias and sesame seeds. Replace in freezer on plate for 10–15 mins to set and then serve.
Mushroom and Zucchini Risotto Recipe
Porcini mushrooms give this risotto a rich, earthy flavour. If you have leftovers, form them into balls or patties and...
Tahini Muesli Bars Recipe
Feel free to use any combination of nuts, seeds and dried fruit in this recipe but be sure to stick...
Tahini Choc Chip Cookies Recipes
As a mum and nutritionist, I’m always trying to find more nourishing ways to create the family favourites — especially...