Jamaican Chocolate Semifreddo Recipe
I love well-made ice cream and there is a flavour called Jamaican Chocolate I enjoyed many years ago that is now etched in my memory because it was absolutely divine. So it was only fair that I replicate the flavours of that delectable treat in this nourishing but delicious semifreddo.
- 2 small avocados, flesh
- 670mL full-fat coconut milk
- 170g rice malt syrup or maple syrup
- 250mL coconut water
- ¾ cup cacao powder (raw or unsweetened Dutch process cocoa)
- 100g dark chocolate
- 250g raw almonds
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp ground nutmeg
- In a high-speed blender, place the avocado, coconut milk, rice malt syrup (or maple syrup), coconut water and cacao and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Melt the dark chocolate in a bowl placed over a pot of simmering water. Stir well until melted.
- Line a loaf tin with non-stick baking paper. Place a quarter of the blender mixture into the tin. Drizzle over about a third of the melted chocolate. Pop into the freezer for 5 mins to just set the melted chocolate (no need to set the blender layer, just the chocolate).
- Repeat until all the blender mixture and melted chocolate is layered.
- Freeze until set.
- Meanwhile preheat the oven to 180°C (fan-forced) and line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Toss the almonds with the maple syrup and spices and bake for 10–15 mins or until the almonds are toasted and the syrup has caramelised.
- Prior to serving, invert the semifreddo onto a serving plate. Top with almonds and serve as the ice cream starts to soften enough to cut.
- Tip: To make this vegan replace the chocolate with a vegan chocolate or cacao nibs.
Chocolate Flavoured Stevia Syrup 500ml – Nirvana Organics
Nirvana Organics introduces an exciting new product range of Flavoured Stevia Syrups. Due to the popularity of Stevia Flavoured Liquid...
Chocolate Crepes with Quick Coconut Caramel Recipe
It’s hard to believe that these chocolate crepes are gluten-free and vegan! They’re the perfect little treat for a weekend...
Atkins Chocolate Break Bar
The Atkins Chocolate Break bar is a delicious wafer treat covered in smooth milk chocolate.