Vegetarian Cypriot Sausage Recipe
If you’ve followed my work for a while you’ll know I love the challenge of a meat for vego swap and this take on the Cypriot sausage which usually incorporates pork is an absolute winner. I’ve focused on the traditional flavours of red onion and parsley and made the meat-for-vegie swap with quinoa, lentils and eggs. Wholesome and delicious.
Makes: 12 sausages
- ½ cup quinoa, rinsed
- 400g cooked lentils, rinsed & drained
- 2 (325g) red onions, peeled & roughly chopped
- 1 bunch parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp psyllium husk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive or coconut oil
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Cook quinoa with 1 cup water until tender.
- Place all ingredients in food processor and blitz until consistent in texture.
- Press 2 tbsp mixture between hands to form sausage shape.
- Drizzle frying pan with oil to coat, place on medium heat and fry sausages for 8–9 mins, tossing every 3 mins to cook evenly.
- Serve with big squeeze of lemon and big salad.
Spiced Cauliflower with Preserved Lemon
This delicious dish lives and dies by the quality of the curry powder. If you don’t have any on hand...
Quorn™ Foods shares 2 delicious, meat-free recipes
Quorn™ Foods is a global market leader in healthy, sustainable protein. Here, they share 2 delicious recipes.
Broccoli Rabe, Macadamia & Chilli Spaghetti
This simple vegetarian pasta is quick and easy to make and a really tasty, healthy meals that’s perfect for the...
Indonesian-Inspired Banana Omelette for Two
This Indonesian-inspired banana omelette can be made as a sweet or savoury dish. Plus, it's so tasty, we bet you'll...