Vegetarian Cypriot Sausage Recipe
If you’ve followed my work for a while you’ll know I love the challenge of a meat for vego swap and this take on the Cypriot sausage which usually incorporates pork is an absolute winner. I’ve focused on the traditional flavours of red onion and parsley and made the meat-for-vegie swap with quinoa, lentils and eggs. Wholesome and delicious.
Makes: 12 sausages
- ½ cup quinoa, rinsed
- 400g cooked lentils, rinsed & drained
- 2 (325g) red onions, peeled & roughly chopped
- 1 bunch parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp psyllium husk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive or coconut oil
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Cook quinoa with 1 cup water until tender.
- Place all ingredients in food processor and blitz until consistent in texture.
- Press 2 tbsp mixture between hands to form sausage shape.
- Drizzle frying pan with oil to coat, place on medium heat and fry sausages for 8–9 mins, tossing every 3 mins to cook evenly.
- Serve with big squeeze of lemon and big salad.
Rhubarb and Apple Deconstructed Crumble Recipe
Each component of this is delicious in its own right, but combined they make a force to be reckoned with....
Blackberry and Apple Crumble Muffins Recipe
These tasty muffins are jam-packed with protective antioxidants and dietary fibre that help neutralise free radicals in the body and...
Miso Vegetables Pilaf Recipe
Miso is one of my favourite fermented foods which I use often in marinating fish, in dressings and as a...
Cauliflower Pomegranate Pilaf Recipe
I’ve learned so much about pilaf writing for this issue of EatWell — it’s so diverse, delicious and adaptable to...