Vegetarian Cypriot Sausage Recipe
If you’ve followed my work for a while you’ll know I love the challenge of a meat for vego swap and this take on the Cypriot sausage which usually incorporates pork is an absolute winner. I’ve focused on the traditional flavours of red onion and parsley and made the meat-for-vegie swap with quinoa, lentils and eggs. Wholesome and delicious.
Makes: 12 sausages
- ½ cup quinoa, rinsed
- 400g cooked lentils, rinsed & drained
- 2 (325g) red onions, peeled & roughly chopped
- 1 bunch parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp psyllium husk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive or coconut oil
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Cook quinoa with 1 cup water until tender.
- Place all ingredients in food processor and blitz until consistent in texture.
- Press 2 tbsp mixture between hands to form sausage shape.
- Drizzle frying pan with oil to coat, place on medium heat and fry sausages for 8–9 mins, tossing every 3 mins to cook evenly.
- Serve with big squeeze of lemon and big salad.
Indonesian-Inspired Banana Omelette for Two
This Indonesian-inspired banana omelette can be made as a sweet or savoury dish. Plus, it's so tasty, we bet you'll...
Vegetarian cashew and zucchini Indonesian noodles
What works as a stand-alone vegetarian dish, goes well with tofu, and can even proudly accompany a chicken or fish...
Thai mango salad
This summery Thai mango salad ticks all the boxes for a fresh and healthy meal
Thai tofu with almond sauce and jasmine rice
Tofu is a good source of protein, calcium, and B vitamins. Enjoy it Thai-style with almond sauce and jasmine rice...