Warm Roast Pumpkin and Hazelnut Hummus Salad Recipe
Pumpkin has high levels of pro-vitamin A, an important vitamin for maintaining healthy eyesight and skin. Pumpkin also contains plenty of lutein and zeaxanthin, which are antioxidants with a protective effect against degenerative eye diseases like macular degeneration. Hummus is a wonderful source of protein and dietary fibre to help keep blood sugar levels balanced, and iron and B vitamins for energy production.
- ½ butternut pumpkin, skin on, cut into 2cm slices
- 400g tin chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 1–2 cloves garlic
- 2 heaped tbsp tahini
- Pinch sea salt
- Juice 1 small lemon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Handful hazelnuts, halved
- Handful parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- Preheat oven to 190°C and line baking tray with baking paper.
- Put pumpkin slices on tray and brush with olive oil.
- Bake pumpkin for around 40 mins, or until cooked through and golden. Flip pumpkin after 30 mins.
- To make hummus, place chickpeas, garlic, tahini, sea salt, lemon juice and olive oil in food processor and blend until smooth and well combined.
- Toast hazelnuts in frying pan.
- Spoon hummus onto serving dish, top with pumpkin and sprinkle with hazelnuts, parsley and hemp seeds.
Discover organic at our Welbeing Directory
Like what you read?
Sign up for a weekly dose of wellness
Rosemary Flaxseed Crackers Recipe
These gluten-free crackers make an ideal snack with dips and cheeses. Need a picnic idea?
Indian Spiced Cauliflower Recipe
This delicious and healthy dish is especially lovely served with basmati rice cooked in coconut milk.
Asparagus Pita Pizza Recipe
This simple vegetarian pizza dinner is perfect for Meat-Free Monday’s (a campaign that encourages us to try one meat-free day...
Zucchini Fritters Recipe
Did you know that zucchinis are great for eye health and protection against age-related eye diseases? Try these delicious fritters...