Whole Baked Salmon with Parsley and Walnuts Recipe
This dish is an impressive showstopper for dinner parties or gatherings. I usually serve it with a simple salad or baked vegetables. The next day I use the leftovers to whip up a salmon and asparagus frittata.
- 3–4kg fresh whole salmon, scaled & gutted
- Small bunch flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 cup whole walnuts
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 lemons (2 sliced)
- Celtic sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Wash salmon and pat dry with paper towel inside and out.
- With sharp knife, make slices into salmon and fill with parsley and walnuts.
- Place piece of foil on large baking tray. Place fish on top in centre or diagonally if too large, and drizzle oil and squeeze lemon on top.
- Place a few slices of lemon inside salmon and on top. Season well.
- Wrap foil to make loose parcel.
- Cook for 30 mins or until cooked through. To check fish is cooked, take a clean skewer and push into deepest part of fish, just behind head.
- Remove foil and squeeze extra lemon and olive oil over fish.
- For use on following day, keep chilled in fridge.
Cacao Berry & Anti-Inflammatory Smoothie Recipes
Looking for your go-to holiday snack? Sip on these nutrient-packed summer smoothies to enhance your mood, boost your energy and...
3 Asian-inspired vegan dishes to add to your mid-week menu
Elevate your mid-week rotation with these Asian-inspired vegan dishes, using Niulife’s Vegan Fysh Sauce to give your meal that delicious,...
Rice that's twice as nice
Thailand boasts many diverse and delicious rice grains, yet undoubtedly one of the newest sensations to hit the international market...
How to achieve greater gut health
There's a link between gut health, hormones, skin and weight. Here's how you can work on promoting a healthy gut...