Whole Baked Salmon with Parsley and Walnuts Recipe
This dish is an impressive showstopper for dinner parties or gatherings. I usually serve it with a simple salad or baked vegetables. The next day I use the leftovers to whip up a salmon and asparagus frittata.
- 3–4kg fresh whole salmon, scaled & gutted
- Small bunch flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 cup whole walnuts
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 lemons (2 sliced)
- Celtic sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Wash salmon and pat dry with paper towel inside and out.
- With sharp knife, make slices into salmon and fill with parsley and walnuts.
- Place piece of foil on large baking tray. Place fish on top in centre or diagonally if too large, and drizzle oil and squeeze lemon on top.
- Place a few slices of lemon inside salmon and on top. Season well.
- Wrap foil to make loose parcel.
- Cook for 30 mins or until cooked through. To check fish is cooked, take a clean skewer and push into deepest part of fish, just behind head.
- Remove foil and squeeze extra lemon and olive oil over fish.
- For use on following day, keep chilled in fridge.
How to achieve greater gut health
There's a link between gut health, hormones, skin and weight. Here's how you can work on promoting a healthy gut...
Can garlic and onion reduce risk of colorectal cancer?
Consumption of allium vegetables -- which include garlic, leeks, and onions -- was linked with a reduced risk of in...
Wholegrains prevent against type 2 diabetes
All types of whole grains, whether it is rye, oats or wheat, offer protection against developing type 2 diabetes.
Eating eggs reduces cardiovascular disease
People who consume an egg a day could significantly reduce their risk of cardiovascular diseases.