Packed full of delicious flavours and textures, this stir-fry is a quick and easy meat-free meal on those busy nights. Made with a few fresh veggies from the supermarket and pantry items, it’s a great addition to the menu roster.
- ¼ cup coconut aminos or soy sauce
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- ¼ cup honey
- 1½ tbsp Chinese cooking wine
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- ¾ cup vegetable stock
- 3 tsp cornflour
- 2 bunches broccolini
- 125g snow peas, thinly sliced
- 1 red capsicum, sliced
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 2 tbsp light-flavoured oil
- 225g tin water chestnuts, drained
- 400g tin baby corn spears, drained
- 440g packet hokkien noodles
- Place sauce ingredients into a jug or bowl and whisk to combine.
- Heat olive oil to very hot in a frying pan or wok.
- Toss the broccolini and keep it moving. Cook for 2 mins, stirring the whole time.
- Add the snow peas, capsicum and red onion. Cook, stirring, until the vegetables start to soften. If they are starting to burn, you can add a couple of tbsp of water to the pan to steam fry.
- Once the vegetables are softening, add the water chestnuts and baby corn spears and turn the heat down to medium-low.
- Whisk the sauce ingredients 1 more time and then tip into the pan
- Cook, stirring through, until the sauce starts to thicken, then add the hokkien noodles and toss through.
- Cook for a few mins to allow the noodles to warm through, then serve immediately. Enjoy.