Brussels Sprout Curry Recipe
Not everyone loves Brussels sprouts but these mini cabbages floating in a rich, warming curry sauce make for a delicious dish the whole family will love.
- 1 red onion, cut into half moons
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 tbsp Clive of India curry powder
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- ½ turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 20 Brussels sprouts, cut in half lengthways
- 1 small sweet potato, cut into 5cm cubes
- 500mL vegetable stock
- 250mL wholefood coconut milk (soak ½ cup coconut flakes in 2 cups water overnight then blend until smooth)
- Salt & pepper, to season
- 1 lemon or lime, juiced
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- Heat large pot over high heat and add onion and dry sauté (no oil) for couple of mins. Add garlic and sauté for 1 min. Add tomatoes, curry powder, turmeric and sugar. Cook until tomatoes get pulpy.
- Add Brussels sprouts, sweet potato, stock and coconut milk. Cover and simmer for 15 mins or until sprouts and sweet potato are tender. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Squeeze over lemon or lime. Serve with cooked brown rice.
BBQ Jackfruit Pizza Recipe
Do you want to create a sensation at the dinner table? This vegan jackfruit pizza will blow your dinner guests’...
Asparagus & Fennel Soup with Cumin-spiced Lotus Chips Recipe
Although fennel and asparagus are less common ingredients, this soup combines their flavours beautifully in a unique affair, perfect for...
Ricotta with Eggplant, Olives & Tomato Recipe
Eggplant is such a wonderfully ‘meaty’ vegetable, and makes the ultimate crowd-pleasing starter when teamed with these scrumptious Italian flavours.