Butter Cauliflower and Sweet Potato Curry Recipe
Cauliflower and sweet potato add such abundant nutrition to this traditional curry dish with a twist. Both vegetables are rich sources of antioxidants including beta carotene and sulphoraphane, which help protect the body from the stress and disease.
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 brown onion, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled & finely sliced
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground garam masala
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp smoky paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- Pinch dried chilli flakes
- 300g sweet potato, cut into 3cm chunks
- 500mL vegetable stock (no salt added)
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- ½ cup coconut yoghurt
- 2 tsp brown-rice flour
- Cooked brown rice, hemp seeds & fresh coriander leaves, to serve
- Heat large saucepan on medium heat, add coconut oil, onion and garlic and cook for 3–4 mins with lid on.
- Add spices to pan and cook 2–3 mins until aromatic then add sweet potato, vegetable stock and tomato paste.
- Bring to boil then reduce heat, cover and simmer 30 mins.
- Add cauliflower to saucepan and spoon approximately ¼ cup liquid from pan into small mixing bowl. Then cover saucepan again for 10 mins.
- Allow liquid to cool slightly then whisk together with coconut yoghurt and brown-rice flour and stir into saucepan, coating vegetables with sauce as you go.
- Check cauliflower and sweet potato are tender and spoon onto plates with brown rice, hemp seeds and fresh coriander leaves if desired.
Indonesian-Inspired Banana Omelette for Two
This Indonesian-inspired banana omelette can be made as a sweet or savoury dish. Plus, it's so tasty, we bet you'll...
Vegetarian cashew and zucchini Indonesian noodles
What works as a stand-alone vegetarian dish, goes well with tofu, and can even proudly accompany a chicken or fish...
Thai mango salad
This summery Thai mango salad ticks all the boxes for a fresh and healthy meal
Thai tofu with almond sauce and jasmine rice
Tofu is a good source of protein, calcium, and B vitamins. Enjoy it Thai-style with almond sauce and jasmine rice...