Butter Cauliflower and Sweet Potato Curry Recipe
Cauliflower and sweet potato add such abundant nutrition to this traditional curry dish with a twist. Both vegetables are rich sources of antioxidants including beta carotene and sulphoraphane, which help protect the body from the stress and disease.
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 brown onion, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled & finely sliced
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground garam masala
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp smoky paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- Pinch dried chilli flakes
- 300g sweet potato, cut into 3cm chunks
- 500mL vegetable stock (no salt added)
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- ½ cup coconut yoghurt
- 2 tsp brown-rice flour
- Cooked brown rice, hemp seeds & fresh coriander leaves, to serve
- Heat large saucepan on medium heat, add coconut oil, onion and garlic and cook for 3–4 mins with lid on.
- Add spices to pan and cook 2–3 mins until aromatic then add sweet potato, vegetable stock and tomato paste.
- Bring to boil then reduce heat, cover and simmer 30 mins.
- Add cauliflower to saucepan and spoon approximately ¼ cup liquid from pan into small mixing bowl. Then cover saucepan again for 10 mins.
- Allow liquid to cool slightly then whisk together with coconut yoghurt and brown-rice flour and stir into saucepan, coating vegetables with sauce as you go.
- Check cauliflower and sweet potato are tender and spoon onto plates with brown rice, hemp seeds and fresh coriander leaves if desired.
Spiced Cauliflower with Preserved Lemon
This delicious dish lives and dies by the quality of the curry powder. If you don’t have any on hand...
Quorn™ Foods shares 2 delicious, meat-free recipes
Quorn™ Foods is a global market leader in healthy, sustainable protein. Here, they share 2 delicious recipes.
Broccoli Rabe, Macadamia & Chilli Spaghetti
This simple vegetarian pasta is quick and easy to make and a really tasty, healthy meals that’s perfect for the...
Indonesian-Inspired Banana Omelette for Two
This Indonesian-inspired banana omelette can be made as a sweet or savoury dish. Plus, it's so tasty, we bet you'll...