Easy Vegetarian Nasi Goreng Recipe
Nasi Goreng is one of the most popular dishes in Indonesia and its translation is literally “fried rice” in Indonesian and Malaysian. This recipe is vegetarian but you can add your favourite protein. The key to this dish is finding an authentic ‘kecap manis’, which is a sweet soy sauce that gives the rice a rich caramel flavour when it is cooked.
DF, GF, V
- 1 tbsp sambal oelek
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 200g white cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 stalks spring onions, chopped
- 4 cups cold cooked rice
- 1½ tbsp kecap manis
- 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce or GF tamari
- Fried shallots, to garnish
- Lime wedges, to garnish
- Red chilli, to garnish
- Cherry tomatoes, to garnish
- Sliced cucumber, to garnish
- 4 fried eggs, to serve
- Heat the oil in a wok over medium-high heat, add the sambal oelek and cook for 1–2 mins until fragrant.
- Lower the heat slightly and add the cabbage and spring onions and cook until softened.
- Add in the rice, kecap manis, sweet chilli sauce and soy sauce and cook for another 2–3 mins.
- Divide into bowls and garnish with fried shallots, lime wedges, chilli, cherry tomatoes, sliced cucumber and fried eggs.
Lavender Scones Recipe
Homemade scones, but not as you know them! Lavender turns this simple scone recipe into something else entirely with an...
Pappardelle with Garlic Mushrooms
This creamy vegetarian pappardelle will be a winner in your easy dinner rotation – perfect for family dinners and date...
3 vegan dessert delights to treat yourself to this week
Celebrate the last of the warm weather with these vegan desserts – ice-cream cake, popsicles and parfait made with Leda...
Mashed Potato & Greens with Onion Gravy Recipe
Served as a main or side to your favourite roast, this mashed potato medley is so easy to prepare for...