Fermented Turmeric and Fennel Cauliflower Recipe
Take cauliflower to new heights in this colourful Indian-spiced ferment. Turmeric is a powerful secret weapon when it comes to good health and enjoying this supercharged spice is an ideal pick-me-up if you’re feeling a little run-down, and a wonderful comfort for an upset tummy.
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 2 tbsp Celtic sea salt
- 500mL filtered water
- Place cauliflower florets, turmeric and fennel seeds in bowl. Toss to mix spices through cauliflower.
- Transfer mixture to sterilised 500mL mason jar, pressing down to remove any large air gaps and leaving about 2.5cm headroom at top.
- Dissolve salt in filtered water, then pour over cauliflower, ensuring it is fully submerged and leaving about 2.5cm breathing room at top of jar, to allow for expansion.
- Cover jar with plastic wrap, then screw lid on tightly.
- Keep in warm place for 3–4 days, then open and taste test until satisfied with result — vegetables should taste tangy.
- Store in fridge and use within 3–5 days.
Indonesian-Inspired Banana Omelette for Two
This Indonesian-inspired banana omelette can be made as a sweet or savoury dish. Plus, it's so tasty, we bet you'll...
Vegetarian cashew and zucchini Indonesian noodles
What works as a stand-alone vegetarian dish, goes well with tofu, and can even proudly accompany a chicken or fish...
Thai mango salad
This summery Thai mango salad ticks all the boxes for a fresh and healthy meal
Thai tofu with almond sauce and jasmine rice
Tofu is a good source of protein, calcium, and B vitamins. Enjoy it Thai-style with almond sauce and jasmine rice...