Fermented Turmeric and Fennel Cauliflower Recipe
Take cauliflower to new heights in this colourful Indian-spiced ferment. Turmeric is a powerful secret weapon when it comes to good health and enjoying this supercharged spice is an ideal pick-me-up if you’re feeling a little run-down, and a wonderful comfort for an upset tummy.
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 2 tbsp Celtic sea salt
- 500mL filtered water
- Place cauliflower florets, turmeric and fennel seeds in bowl. Toss to mix spices through cauliflower.
- Transfer mixture to sterilised 500mL mason jar, pressing down to remove any large air gaps and leaving about 2.5cm headroom at top.
- Dissolve salt in filtered water, then pour over cauliflower, ensuring it is fully submerged and leaving about 2.5cm breathing room at top of jar, to allow for expansion.
- Cover jar with plastic wrap, then screw lid on tightly.
- Keep in warm place for 3–4 days, then open and taste test until satisfied with result — vegetables should taste tangy.
- Store in fridge and use within 3–5 days.
Vegan Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe
My mum’s spaghetti bolognese was the best! I could have eaten it every night as a kid; it was my...
Quick Vegetarian Nachos Recipe
I love this meal for a midweek quickie when I have no protein to work with. I try to always...
Vegan Pumpkin and Zucchini 'No Pasta' Lasagna
In this recipe, I use pumpkin and zucchini for lasagna and a cashew béchamel sauce. Double the recipe and make...
Baked Sweet Potato Hash Browns Recipe
These hash browns can be enjoyed for breakfast, lunch, brunch, or dinner. The wholesome savoury flavours of sweet potato team...