Fermented Turmeric and Fennel Cauliflower Recipe
Take cauliflower to new heights in this colourful Indian-spiced ferment. Turmeric is a powerful secret weapon when it comes to good health and enjoying this supercharged spice is an ideal pick-me-up if you’re feeling a little run-down, and a wonderful comfort for an upset tummy.
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 2 tbsp Celtic sea salt
- 500mL filtered water
- Place cauliflower florets, turmeric and fennel seeds in bowl. Toss to mix spices through cauliflower.
- Transfer mixture to sterilised 500mL mason jar, pressing down to remove any large air gaps and leaving about 2.5cm headroom at top.
- Dissolve salt in filtered water, then pour over cauliflower, ensuring it is fully submerged and leaving about 2.5cm breathing room at top of jar, to allow for expansion.
- Cover jar with plastic wrap, then screw lid on tightly.
- Keep in warm place for 3–4 days, then open and taste test until satisfied with result — vegetables should taste tangy.
- Store in fridge and use within 3–5 days.
Okra, Haloumi & Bulgur Salad Recipe
The combination of pan-fried okra, haloumi, pomegranate and fresh herbs makes this salad a simple weekday dish. Okra often has...
Okra with Kefir Lime, Coconut Rice and Sambal Recipe
I absolutely love the combination of the okra with this incredible rice! This is a very simple method of cooking...
Okra Panzanella Recipe
I love adding olives and roasted capsicum to this traditional Tuscan-inspired recipe. The addition of pan-fried okra and lemon gives...
Spiced Sweet Potato and Okra Puffs Recipe
Okra makes a surprising addition to these lovely spiced puffs, which are perfect for lunch or lunch boxes, or as...