Fermented Turmeric and Fennel Cauliflower Recipe
Take cauliflower to new heights in this colourful Indian-spiced ferment. Turmeric is a powerful secret weapon when it comes to good health and enjoying this supercharged spice is an ideal pick-me-up if you’re feeling a little run-down, and a wonderful comfort for an upset tummy.
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 2 tbsp Celtic sea salt
- 500mL filtered water
- Place cauliflower florets, turmeric and fennel seeds in bowl. Toss to mix spices through cauliflower.
- Transfer mixture to sterilised 500mL mason jar, pressing down to remove any large air gaps and leaving about 2.5cm headroom at top.
- Dissolve salt in filtered water, then pour over cauliflower, ensuring it is fully submerged and leaving about 2.5cm breathing room at top of jar, to allow for expansion.
- Cover jar with plastic wrap, then screw lid on tightly.
- Keep in warm place for 3–4 days, then open and taste test until satisfied with result — vegetables should taste tangy.
- Store in fridge and use within 3–5 days.
Dutch Carrot Soup with Crunchy Chickpeas Recipes
Cultivators of the carrot, it seems only fitting to dedicate a Dutch style recipe to the humble but mighty orange...
Brussels Sprout Curry Recipe
Not everyone loves Brussels sprouts but these mini cabbages floating in a rich, warming curry sauce make for a delicious...
Parmesan Baked Brussels and Broccolini Recipe
This recipe is quick, wholesome and absolutely bursting with flavour! Delicious served with your choice of protein or as a...
Brussels Sprouts Fritters Recipe
These fritters would be perfect alongside a nice Sunday roast. They taste like a combination of Brussels sprouts and Yorkshire...