Hemp and Kale Nuggets with Cucumber Hummus Recipe
These nuggets can easily be turned into patties for hemp burgers. They freeze well too.
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 1 cup broccoli, grated
- 1 cup carrot, grated
- 2 cups finely chopped kale
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 400g tin cooked chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup hemp seeds
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp grain mustard
3 cups cooked chickpeas
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
¼ cup tahini
- ½ cup lemon juice
- ½ tbsp salt
- 1–2 cups water (depending on how thick or thin you like your hummus)
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, cut or grated into long thin strips
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Heat frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté until soft. Add turmeric, lemon zest, broccoli, carrot, kale and ¼ cup water and cook until soft.
- Place vegie mix and remaining ingredients in food processor and pulse to combine. Transfer to bowl and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Form nuggets by placing 2 tbsp of mixture per nugget into one hand and shaping into little nuggets. Place on lined baking trays.
- Bake for 30 mins, flipping nuggets halfway. They should be lightly browned and feel solid enough to pick up.
- To make hummus, place all ingredients except water in food processor or high-speed blender. Purée and slowly add water until it reaches desired consistency. Process until smooth and creamy. Add more salt to taste if required. Stir in cucumber strips.
Vegetarian Cypriot Sausage Recipe
If you’ve followed my work for a while you’ll know I love the challenge of a meat for vego swap...
Lentils and Greens with a Lemony Vinaigrette Recipe
This salad is the perfect main or side dish. It’s loaded with beautiful iron-boosting ingredients like lentils, almonds and greens,...
Iron-boosting Eggplant and Spinach Lasagne Recipe
Who doesn’t love a good lasagne? Even better, who doesn’t love a gluten-free vegie-loaded lasagne? The addition of frozen spinach...
Iron-rich (No) Meatballs with Zucchini Pasta Recipe
(No) meat, no worries! Iron, in the form of non-haem iron, can be found in plant-based foods too so don’t...