Hemp and Kale Nuggets with Cucumber Hummus Recipe
These nuggets can easily be turned into patties for hemp burgers. They freeze well too.
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 1 cup broccoli, grated
- 1 cup carrot, grated
- 2 cups finely chopped kale
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 400g tin cooked chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup hemp seeds
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp grain mustard
3 cups cooked chickpeas
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
¼ cup tahini
- ½ cup lemon juice
- ½ tbsp salt
- 1–2 cups water (depending on how thick or thin you like your hummus)
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, cut or grated into long thin strips
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Heat frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté until soft. Add turmeric, lemon zest, broccoli, carrot, kale and ¼ cup water and cook until soft.
- Place vegie mix and remaining ingredients in food processor and pulse to combine. Transfer to bowl and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Form nuggets by placing 2 tbsp of mixture per nugget into one hand and shaping into little nuggets. Place on lined baking trays.
- Bake for 30 mins, flipping nuggets halfway. They should be lightly browned and feel solid enough to pick up.
- To make hummus, place all ingredients except water in food processor or high-speed blender. Purée and slowly add water until it reaches desired consistency. Process until smooth and creamy. Add more salt to taste if required. Stir in cucumber strips.
Indonesian-Inspired Banana Omelette for Two
This Indonesian-inspired banana omelette can be made as a sweet or savoury dish. Plus, it's so tasty, we bet you'll...
Vegetarian cashew and zucchini Indonesian noodles
What works as a stand-alone vegetarian dish, goes well with tofu, and can even proudly accompany a chicken or fish...
Thai mango salad
This summery Thai mango salad ticks all the boxes for a fresh and healthy meal
Thai tofu with almond sauce and jasmine rice
Tofu is a good source of protein, calcium, and B vitamins. Enjoy it Thai-style with almond sauce and jasmine rice...