Herb & Feta Hummus Recipe
Hummus is loaded with dietary fibre and protein to help curb sugar cravings and stabilise blood sugar levels. This wholesome low GI snack also contains plenty of energy-boosting B vitamins and iron. The addition of feta adds calcium and vitamin D for strong healthy bones.
- 3 cups cooked chickpeas or 2 x 400g cans
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 120g feta, crumbled
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Juice ½ lemon
- ¼ cup cold-pressed extra-virgin olive oil
- Pinch sea salt & pepper
- Pinch cayenne
- Handful herbs (mint, basil, dill or parsley)
- Topping options: drizzle olive oil, dukkha, crushed nuts or seeds, chilli flakes or micro herbs
- To serve: crusty bread, pitta chips, crackers or vegetable sticks
- Process all ingredients in a food processor, except herbs and toppings, until smooth and creamy. Add herbs and process again until mixed through.
- Spoon hummus into a serving dish and drizzle with some olive oil and desired toppings.
- Serve with toasted crusty breads, pita chips, wholegrain crackers and vegetable sticks.
Baked Tempeh, Peanut Sauce & Sautéed Mushrooms, Broccoli & Spinach Recipe
This vegan breakfast plate combines the nutritious value of tempeh with its ultimate ally, peanut sauce alongside flavourful mushrooms and...
Jamaican Chocolate Semifreddo Recipe
Looking for the ultimate vegan dessert? The flavours of delectable Jamaican chocolate shine through in this nourishing but delicious treat.
Jamaican Eggplant Jerk & Watermelon Salad Recipe
This vegan recipe uses classic Jamaican flavours that balance the sweet with the spicy. The perfect meal for family sharing...
Sweet Corn Puree With Baked Cauliflower & Spinach
This recipe transforms wholesome sweet corn into a heavenly miso-flavoured puree to match with baked cauliflower and sautéed spinach.