High-Protein Bircher Bowl Recipe
A delicious breakfast you can make the night before. Use muesli or rolled oats, which is the standard Bircher base, and add grated apple or pear if you prefer. There are other crafty switches you can make too: the apple juice gives a light sweet flavour, but it can be swapped for coconut milk or oat milk for a creamier and deeper complexity. Crunchiness is a must, so topple on seeds and flaxseed meal, depending on your preference. Just about any kind of nuts such as chopped hazelnuts or walnuts will add a bit of texture, crispiness and even protein to this delicious bircher bowl.
- 1 apple (Granny Smith works well) cored & roughly grated
- 1½ cups muesli (I used Murray River Organics) or use traditional oats
- ½ cup apple juice (100% natural is best)
- 1 scoop plant-based protein powder
- ½ cup natural yoghurt
- ½ cup blueberries
- 1 fresh nectarine sliced
- Drizzle honey
- Chopped nuts or flaxseeds (optional)
- The night before or when you wake up, place apple, muesli or oats, apple juice, protein powder and yoghurt in a bowl and stir to combine. Cover and place in fridge overnight or for 10 mins in the morning.
- When ready to eat, remove from fridge and place into bowls and top with berries, slices of nectarine, a drizzle of honey, nuts or flaxseed and extra yoghurt.
Quick Salad Jars with Green Tahini Dressing
These food jars are perfect for taking to work. Simply layer your ingredients, pop it in the fridge and grab...
3 Gnocchi Recipes to Bring the Taste of Italy to Your Dinner Table
Made using Grand Italian's authentic pasta, these quick and easy gnocchi recipes are bursting with the flavours of Italy that...
Mexican Corn Fritters & Avocado Salsa Recipe
These corn fritters are a fun and tasty twist on traditional corn fritters, packed full of colourful vegetables and served...