Jackfruit and Pumpkin Curry with Spinach Recipe
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1 tsp Malaysian-style curry powder
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 tins young green jackfruit, drained, rinsed well, seeds removed & chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups pumpkin, diced into bite-sized pieces
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Juice 1 lime
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- Heat wok and sauté onion, garlic, tomato and spices, mixing well. Add ½ cup water and bring to boil, then simmer to loose paste.
- Add jackfruit and pumpkin cubes, stir to cover pumpkin and jackfruit in paste.
- Add vegetable stock and coconut, bring to boil, then simmer until pumpkin is soft and sauce thickens.
- Season with salt and pepper. Add lime juice and spinach leaves and stir.
- Serve in bowl with cooked brown rice.
Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts Recipe
If you’re not normally a lover of Brussels sprouts, this dish is sure to turn you into a fan! The...
Potato Pea Triangles Recipe
When our kids were young, this was their favourite dish. We’d make a big batch every week and they’d take...
Curry Spiced Trail Mix Recipe
Snack time just became a whole lot more interesting thanks to this Curry Spiced Trail Mix: the perfect combination of...
Butter Cauliflower and Sweet Potato Curry Recipe
Cauliflower and sweet potato add such abundant nutrition to this traditional curry dish with a twist. Both vegetables are rich...