Jackfruit and Pumpkin Curry with Spinach Recipe
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1 tsp Malaysian-style curry powder
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 tins young green jackfruit, drained, rinsed well, seeds removed & chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups pumpkin, diced into bite-sized pieces
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Juice 1 lime
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- Heat wok and sauté onion, garlic, tomato and spices, mixing well. Add ½ cup water and bring to boil, then simmer to loose paste.
- Add jackfruit and pumpkin cubes, stir to cover pumpkin and jackfruit in paste.
- Add vegetable stock and coconut, bring to boil, then simmer until pumpkin is soft and sauce thickens.
- Season with salt and pepper. Add lime juice and spinach leaves and stir.
- Serve in bowl with cooked brown rice.
Vegan Pumpkin and Zucchini 'No Pasta' Lasagna
In this recipe, I use pumpkin and zucchini for lasagna and a cashew béchamel sauce. Double the recipe and make...
Spelt and Olive Focaccia Bread Recipe
Focaccia bread is one of the easiest breads to make as it requires very little rising time. I’ve topped this...
Sweet Quinoa and Cacao Risotto Recipe
Risotto isn’t just a lunch or dinner meal, it can absolutely be a dessert or breakfast! I’ve combined my go-to...
Mushroom and Zucchini Risotto Recipe
Porcini mushrooms give this risotto a rich, earthy flavour. If you have leftovers, form them into balls or patties and...