Jackfruit and Pumpkin Curry with Spinach Recipe
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1 tsp Malaysian-style curry powder
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 tins young green jackfruit, drained, rinsed well, seeds removed & chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups pumpkin, diced into bite-sized pieces
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Juice 1 lime
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- Heat wok and sauté onion, garlic, tomato and spices, mixing well. Add ½ cup water and bring to boil, then simmer to loose paste.
- Add jackfruit and pumpkin cubes, stir to cover pumpkin and jackfruit in paste.
- Add vegetable stock and coconut, bring to boil, then simmer until pumpkin is soft and sauce thickens.
- Season with salt and pepper. Add lime juice and spinach leaves and stir.
- Serve in bowl with cooked brown rice.
Vegan Rainbow Goulash
Traditionally, Hungarian goulash is made with meat as the base. This is a delicious vegan version that incorporates chickpeas and...
Black Pepper Garlic Tempeh
I love this little dish because it really packs a flavour punch! Not to mention the protein, iron and magnesium...
Crusted Cauliflower Steaks
Whether you are vegan or flexitarian, this recipe is for you.
The Sustainable Diet
With our world expanding by 82 million new individuals a year, we need to switch to a more equitable, healthier...